Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Rumors about NGX V3

Hello,

I was shown an article the other day online by a friend saying that there was a secret from PMDG that NGX V3 was coming out.

I asked myself questions.

1. Where is V2? I dont consider the expansion pack V2.

2. If you guys release a version, how much will it cost and or will it be released as SP1E?

3. Whats the wait time?

4. what will be included? (Cockpit Visualization fixes, ACARS, Split Scimitars which you guys have been yelled at by many people since Boeing created them, etc.)

Link to the website that I was shared :http://flightsimcentral.net/pmdg-hint-ngx-v3/

Thank You,

Alex Kulak 

AlexKulaksPhotography,

Swissport Ramp Services

swavirtual.com 

saying that there was a secret from PMDG that NGX V3 was coming out

Not sure how that would be a secret. It was pretty much stated outright and not simply hinted at. This is something we've been pretty open about, particularly since the sim hardware we'd be using for the NGX-based sim in the Sim Center will require an update to the existing code.

1. Where is V2? I dont consider the expansion pack V2.

V1 was the original FS9 737 that was released in the early 2000s.

V2 is the current FSX version that was released in 2011, and is currently offered on our website.

2. If you guys release a version, how much will it cost and or will it be released as SP1E?

We don't discuss prices until we're ready to release something. The method of how it will release is something we'll determine in the future as well. The DC-6 hasn't been moved into FSX and P3D yet, and the 747 hasn't even been released. Those are the priorities.

3. Whats the wait time?

We don't discuss release dates.

4. what will be included? (Cockpit Visualization fixes, ACARS, Split Scimitars which you guys have been yelled at by many people since Boeing created them, etc.)

As we develop our aircraft, we usually add (and - rarely - occasionally drop) modeled features as we go. What's included is something to be determined pretty far out into the future.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Well i would suggest split scimitars, and a cockpit visual fix more than anything at this point before the MAX gets released to WN, and that becomes your priority. 

• Upvote 2

Well i would suggest split scimitars, and a cockpit visual fix more than anything at this point before the MAX gets released to WN, and that becomes your priority. 

Noted.

...and before what becomes our priority?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I didn't know you guys where doing an NGX V3...since when was this announced? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I didn't know you guys where doing an NGX V3...since when was this announced? 

Isn't officially announced. It was simply an acknowledgement in the livestream that is linked in the first post. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the 737 product will need some code changes in order to get it to work in the full flight deck sim we're building for it down the line, so it's going to get work at some point.

The depth, project name, and so on, have not been discussed as we have a number of other things on our plates now.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

full flight deck sim

will this be a separate product? or is it for colleges, flights schools, etc.

please define what you mean by " full flight deck sim"

Very interesting that PMDG staff would love to do a Boeing 727 or a Boeing 707... Unfortunately, they think it wouldn't sell... I'd buy a well made 727 instantly, not just because it is an aircraft that reminds my childhood, but because it's an "analogical Boeing" that teaches a lot about radio navigation, performance calculations and system workings of a Boeing jet prior to computers to control them. Much more interesting and chalenging to fly an analogical Boeing than to fly a "digital Boeing" that makes all work for you...

• Upvote 1

Very interesting that PMDG staff would love to do a Boeing 727 or a Boeing 707... Unfortunately, they think it wouldn't sell... I'd buy a well made 727 instantly, not just because it is an aircraft that reminds my childhood, but because it's an "analogical Boeing" that teaches a lot about radio navigation, performance calculations and system workings of a Boeing jet prior to computers to control them. Much more interesting and chalenging to fly an analogical Boeing than to fly a "digital Boeing" that makes all work for you...

unfortunately, thats outdated, people would buy it, fly it for 3 days, and then forget about it. Itll be hype for 3 months and you wont hear anything about it, kinda like the MD11. An update to the NGX (AN UPDATE! NOT VERSION) would be a lot more in there favor. The only thing I can see pmdg releasing a V3 for the NGX is if they actually fix the cockpit, but if they're not going to do that and add split scimitars and change the coding around a little, and fix bugs. Theres no reason for them to be calling it a V3 and selling it. I dont expect PMDG to even say anything bout the NGX for the next 3 years because of 2 other projects they have been working on to release. If they are fixing it for a full cockpit simulator, they shouldnt make all of us have to go pay for the version, just release it as a whole new product for that simulator, because most of us cannot afford a full cockpit simulator.

Dang it...don't sidetrack these folks from the Queen's release...

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

unfortunately, thats outdated, people would buy it, fly it for 3 days, and then forget about it. Itll be hype for 3 months and you wont hear anything about it, kinda like the MD11. An update to the NGX (AN UPDATE! NOT VERSION) would be a lot more in there favor. The only thing I can see pmdg releasing a V3 for the NGX is if they actually fix the cockpit, but if they're not going to do that and add split scimitars and change the coding around a little, and fix bugs. Theres no reason for them to be calling it a V3 and selling it. I dont expect PMDG to even say anything bout the NGX for the next 3 years because of 2 other projects they have been working on to release. If they are fixing it for a full cockpit simulator, they shouldnt make all of us have to go pay for the version, just release it as a whole new product for that simulator, because most of us cannot afford a full cockpit simulator.

Many aviation companies don't expect pilot candidates to master the 737 NG or the A320, but they expect them to have a solid understanding of navigation, chart reading, performance calculations etc... So, the 727 would be like a ground school to aviation and jet systems. On the other hand, the MD-11 was a very complex aircraft that required a lot of study, but all this effort would be useful only for the MD-11, not for a general understanding of aviation... That's the difference between making a 727 and a MD-11... Nevertheless, the MD-11 was a great aircraft to model, unfortunately wasn't very adopted because it is made for a small public of affectionate enthusiast...

Makes sense that the NGX V3 will be developed to operate in a 64 bit environment....no?

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Loved the PMDG MD11 but it's common knowledge it didn't sell well...Damned if I know, still fly it to this day. Magnificent jet.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I like the classic jets too it's a shame the MD-11 didn't sell in higher volumes.  I'm a late adopter to the 737 though just bought it this week had another vendors version but the support there was slow and has now ceased.  With P3d continuing to evolve I hope that PMDG will continue to support the product as long as possible. For a 2011 release it really still holds it's own, I'm enjoying it very much.

Robert Thomason

RE Thomason Jr.