Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Rumors about NGX V3

Unless they can figure out   a way  to  fit  the  hud in correctly  you will find   this  wont happen

Correct - the fact that the windows are too big wasn't a mistake we didn't know about, it was done specifically to accommodate the ridiculous stuff Vin and Alex had to do to make the collimated HUD work and constrain it to viewing through the combiner, which is invisible to all of you but took us forever to figure out how to do.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The later 737-200 with LNAV and (I believe) autothrottle capability would be good. That would not too far off the way you fly the Q400 where you have the aircraft looking after the lateral path - which to be honest is the complicated part - while you retain control of the vertical path with various pitch modes.  You still get a good mix of steam gauges and hands on stuff but without the need for having to fly completely raw data. I'm in!

We could also have the 727 with an Delco Carousel INS with an option to switch to a single FMS. The 732 would not satisfy my FE craving. Truly, I'd love a 747 classic, but that probably won't happen for obvious reasons. :(

I for one could not entertain paying again for a V3 version of the NGX.  First of all I think its awesome as it is but really cannot imagine what minor or maybe major improvements would warrant a repurchase.  Now there is a possibility that PMDG will only charge an upgrade fee but that has not been their business model historically.  

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Truly, I'd love a 747 classic, but that probably won't happen for obvious reasons.

Oh I'd so love to get one, those lovely steam gauges... but as you say it won't happen...

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

I don't use the HUD. I bought the NGX minutes after it was released (August 4th 2011), so from then to now, I've fooled around with it maybe twice. I would rather have the geometry fixed. I remember the night the NGX was released. PMDG's website was like Apple's website during an iPhone release. It took them a few days to recover from that! :help:

I agree - always thought that was silly having a chart from the dev's home airport always on the window and stuff in other addons.This type of thing has been said before, but I'll say it again:1. We used the exact measurements from the blueprints, checked against the real airplane. We didn't just eyeball this.2. Perspective and shapes ALWAYS get distorted when you're projecting 3D geometry onto a 2D surface. There is no way around this - you're not seeing a real 737, you're seeing a 2D computer monitor - you do not have peripheral vision and you do not have 3 actual dimensions. There's always distortion when you do that.

Correct - the fact that the windows are too big wasn't a mistake we didn't know about, it was done specifically to accommodate the ridiculous stuff Vin and Alex had to do to make the collimated HUD work and constrain it to viewing through the combiner, which is invisible to all of you but took us forever to figure out how to do.

Yeah, I believe you mate...http://www.avsim.com/topic/359067-cockpit-extras/“This type of thing has been said before, but I'll say it again:1. We used the exact measurements from the blueprints, checked against the real airplane. We didn't just eyeball this.2. Perspective and shapes ALWAYS get distorted when you're projecting 3D geometry onto a 2D surface. There is no way around this - you're not seeing a real 737, you're seeing a 2D computer monitor - you do not have peripheral vision and you do not have 3 actual dimensions. There's always distortion when you do that. Ryan Maziarz”
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I believe you mate...

Don't troll.

Since you seemed to dig pretty deep to find that, you probably also found the post where the intentional move was explained, and why it happened. Interestingly, in the interest of confirmation bias, it was left out.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

So the V3 is NOT in development at this point right?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So the V3 is NOT in development at this point right?

From the video (paraphrasing): "we are actually starting to evaluate how to take our existing NGX product, update it - believe it or not, the product is 5 years old - how we take that product, and update it to include many of the technologies that are included in the 777 and 747, and push that down a pipeline that allows us to put out a sort of 'NGX 3.0' for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane."

"[...] starting to evaluate [...]"

It's not a rumor that we're looking into this, but we are currently working on other projects, as I mentioned in my post earlier this week.

Kyle Rodgers

I smiled hearing Capt Rob mention the B727, at least I know they thought about it. Too bad, nothing for us analogue guys in a digital world. The NGX (esp the FMC) could do with some upgrades.

The NGX (esp the FMC) could do with some upgrades.

Such as?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Waste your time on a 757 or 767, the 737 is fine as it is. I wouldn't pay a penny more for another 737 update or whatever.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I am hoping for the 757 and 767 to be done too, especially a full systems 767-200 which really lacks on the P3D front, could be a good next couple of years if we get the 757 & 767 developed by PMDG

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Would be cool to see an aircraft that could support both steam and digital VC's. Thinking the MD-80 series which also has pax and freight options but realize there's little chance that would get the green light.  I know there's the old LHS Maddog but it's too dated for me and not a native P3d aircraft...*sigh*  At any rate, I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever gets developed or updated.

RE Thomason Jr.