Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Rumors about NGX V3

Well, you could keep on trusting Qualitywings for the years to come, I can somehow understand you but facts tell that these 7 years so far have produced nothing but few screenshots and a short video. They never communicate with the public and the project is stuck on a cliff.

We shall see.

I think that X-Plane is a flop, considering it is a 64 bits quite new software it should have been a blockbuster, it is still around 15% of the flight simulation market AFAIK, too low to be considered a competitor IMO.

Well, it seems PMDG is giving XPlane more consideration than you do, which is a good thing ;)

My personal opinion is XPlane is giving me a better experience thanks to butter smooth frames over complex sceneries and with weather, something P3D on my PC struggles to achieve.

XPlane is also finally seeing some very nice addons being released which decided me to make the switch a few weeks ago, very happy I did.

• Upvote 3

Quite a bit of upsetting shortsighted opinions here. Have you tried the igex 737? X plane certainly has enough potential! And as for throwing around requests, why don't you have pmdg develop a 757, 767, 717, and a 777x as well. *Surely it can't be that hard*  :smile: Just trust that they are working at something amazing (now that would be the 747 atm) and enjoy it when it comes out.

• Upvote 1

Aidan Hutchison

Quite a bit of upsetting shortsighted opinions here. Have you tried the igex 737? X plane certainly has enough potential! And as for throwing around requests, why don't you have pmdg develop a 757, 767, 717, and a 777x as well. *Surely it can't be that hard*  :smile: Just trust that they are working at something amazing (now that would be the 747 atm) and enjoy it when it comes out.

yeah.... about the IGEX 73 fro XPL. If PMDG happens to make the NGX for XPl, I have a hard time believing that that plane will ever be used again. You would say you would use it, but in reality you wouldnt.

787 :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

MAX will make me happy too.

Pawel Grochowski

• Upvote 2

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

A PMDG 787 would be amazing but I would love to see a PMDG retrojet, 727, early 737, even a 707! They could have options for everything from the steam gauge early flight decks to the retrofit modern updates.

IGEX 737 community would welcome a 737 from PMDG for sure, would sell well, I'm guessing much better than the DC-6.  Can't wait for this bird to arrive in XP11!

• Upvote 1

-Iain Watson-

Hello,

Given the industry's gravitation to glass flight decks with an ever increasing amount of interaction and responsibility integrated into the FMC, it seems to me that as long as developers only choose to model the latest hardware (aircraft), the differences in the interaction between the aircraft will start to diminish.  That could lead to a bit of boredom in the community.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boeing is already working on a glass flight deck of the future that would be usable across multiple platforms.  It would certainly simply getting cross-trained on multiple pieces of equipment.

That being said, I feel there is a void to be filled in the development of a detailed early 70s series of Boeing aircraft.  Everyone here loves a challenge because if they didn't, they wouldn't be into Flight Simulation in the first place.  I would love to master one of those mid-70s airliners with a cockpit full of steam gauges and where planning, maps, forethought, compass, stopwatch, and VOR to VOR station navigation all came into play.

Someone early in the thread said most folks would take a complex plane like this up for a spin, realize how hard it was, and put it down for good.  I'm not so certain about that- the PDMG release of the DC-6 seems to have attracted a lot of attention - I'm looking forward to studying this airplane and attempting to master it.

The folks who are calling for PDMG to develop a modern 767, 757, 787...it seems that these airplanes all have more in common with each other than anything from the 60s or 70s and they already have the general principles well represented with the current offerings of 777, 737 NGX, and the upcoming QII.  It's time to develop an older, and yes, more challenging to fly early 70s jetliner.

I hope that at some point they also port the MD-11 over to Prepar3D, I like the airplane and its control philosophy.  I'd buy it and learn it.

Unfortunately I also have a somewhat sad relationship to that aircraft as I was staying at (what was called at the time) the Amfac Hotel at DFW when one crashed due to wind sheer during a pretty bad rainstorm.  My friends and I got a cheap rate there as we were going to be spending a few days at Six Flags Over Texas and from our balcony you could see what was left of the aircraft- very little.  This was the event that put wind sheer on the map. 

And in the category of it's a small world after all, the fellow who got killed in the car as the plane bounced off the freeway used to live on the same street I did in Bossier City, Louisiana, about 15 houses down.  We went to high school together.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I'll simply say that it would make plenty of sense to release the 737 MAX as their third generation 737 offering and incorporate all the code that has been written to enhance their newer products.  One of the best things about PDMG is that they never stop improving and pushing the limits of what can be done.

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

the PDMG release of the DC-6 seems to have attracted a lot of attention - I'm looking forward to studying this airplane and attempting to master it.

I spent about 8 months learning the DC-6B and love it, it is an amazing simulation.  Learning the XPL UI made it difficult at first but once I figured out the basics that I needed I had a lot of fun with it. It is truly a complex aircraft which used every thread of multiengine prop experience I had to gain a small measure of competence.  I'm mentioning this as a plug for the product, even in XPlane, it is brilliant and I look forward to it coming to P3D with much anticipation.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

planning, maps, forethought, compass, stopwatch, and VOR to VOR station navigation

What are these things that you're referring to? You mean you have to do work to fly?  :P

Unfortunately I also have a somewhat sad relationship to that aircraft as I was staying at (what was called at the time) the Amfac Hotel at DFW when one crashed due to wind sheer during a pretty bad rainstorm.  My friends and I got a cheap rate there as we were going to be spending a few days at Six Flags Over Texas and from our balcony you could see what was left of the aircraft- very little.  This was the event that put wind sheer on the map.

And in the category of it's a small world after all, the fellow who got killed in the car as the plane bounced off the freeway used to live on the same street I did in Bossier City, Louisiana, about 15 houses down.  We went to high school together.

Sounds like trijets are getting mixed up here. From the location and description, seems more like the DAL191 accident, which was an L1011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines_Flight_191

Kyle Rodgers

Will we see the NGX in X-Plane within the next 6 months? It is long overdue that you guys released a modern airliner for X-Plane, there are so many of us within the community that are very much looking forward to seeing a modern jetliner release from PMDG for the X-Plane market. I love the DC-6, its quality, complexity and general 'feel' of the aircraft, however - it is one of only two aircraft for X-Plane that are worth buying in the category of complex the other being IXEG's 733. I look forward to what you have in store for those of us in X-Plane.

Will we see the NGX in X-Plane within the next 6 months? ...

Doubt that... I even doubt, that we'll be seeing the NGX for X-Plane (if it comes) in 2017 to be honest... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hi Kyle,

My bad, you're right- the wind-sheer crash at DFW was indeed an L1011.   Was a pretty sad day all around.

Mark Trainer

Hello,

Given the industry's gravitation to glass flight decks with an ever increasing amount of interaction and responsibility integrated into the FMC, it seems to me that as long as developers only choose to model the latest hardware (aircraft), the differences in the interaction between the aircraft will start to diminish.  That could lead to a bit of boredom in the community.

You got to the point... Flight simulation of these automated aircrafts is getting pretty boring... You just have to program the aircraft on the gate, take off, watch the scenery during the flight and wait for it to land... If you have luck, maybe there is a failure for you to deal with... But what was your practice of radio navigation, dealing with the aircraft systems, performance calculation during you trip? You are learning to program a computer, not how to fly an aircraft anymore.

You got to the point... Flight simulation of these automated aircrafts is getting pretty boring... You just have to program the aircraft on the gate, take off, watch the scenery during the flight and wait for it to land... If you have luck, maybe there is a failure for you to deal with... But what was your practice of radio navigation, dealing with the aircraft systems, performance calculation during you trip? You are learning to program a computer, not how to fly an aircraft anymore.

well welcome to the 21st century of flying a commercial jetliner, its only going to get more automated from here on out. 

• Upvote 1

well welcome to the 21st century of flying a commercial jetliner, its only going to get more automated from here on out. 

I think that's kinda his point.

Today's aircraft are more and more automated, and will continue to be. Simming gives you the opportunity to fly in older aircraft that are not as automated, provided they exist to be used in the market.

That's just my take on it, though.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers