Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

I would also like to know please.

I'd like to know the specifics of what may have changed too.. ie: any default airports not covered by addons that would be worth, maybe somehow doing a clean install (somewhere else) and moving parts that are relevant into the existing installation.

Virtual reality is the best thing that could have happened to fight simulation.

Even with its current low resolution, the level of immersion is just amazing, even more in civil jets.

VR + ORBX Vector is a must have.

I agree and wont go back to 2D.  I've been doing extensive testing, i'll be anxious to see if there are any performance enhancements with 3.4.  Offtrack, but for me, the 980ti was the limiting factor in terms of how high i could set the supersample with flyinside with version 3.3.5.. i could only goto 2xxx resolution without pan stutter (orbx areas caused this more so), but now with the 1080 ftw(clean driver install/removal), i can now hit the 3840x2374 resolution in flyinside and have no pan head tracking stutter with everything at my 2D high levels with shadows too.  (real offtrack but aerofly fs2 out of the box is a great vr experience too).

Will be testing 3.4 with VR in the next day or so to see if it's at least the same performance, as i expect it will be. 

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I upgraded just the client component from 3.3.5 to 3.4 follwing Poppets instructions http://www.avsim.com/topic/484945-how-do-i-update-prepar3d-v3-using-the-new-installers/  It upgraded without any problems or errors.  The About menu correctly reads the version number.

I have Orbx Global Base and Global Vector installed, FSUIPC 4.699c and Ezdok 1.8.7.  All continued to work without the need to reinstall.  ASN v6010 required entering the license number and threw up a few errors, but still works ok.  PMDG 777 needed the 3 simconnect.msi installers run again to operate correctly.

The sim itself is noticably smoother for me.  PC is i7 6700 clocked to 4.6GHz, Nvidia GTX970.  PMDG777 on runway at KSFO (from the Orbx NA airport pack) gives 50-55 fps, same as before but smoother (I have medium settings on).

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

I have definitely picked up a few FPS for some reason. Which is excellent being that I fly with UT2 ai traffic.

spacer.png

The sim itself is noticably smoother for me. PC is i7 6700 clocked to 4.6GHz, Nvidia GTX970. PMDG777 on runway at KSFO (from the Orbx NA airport pack) gives 50-55 fps, same as before but smoother (I have medium settings on).

Noticing the same here...just the Client update and it's the smoothest the sim has ever been.

Heres a question, did anyone figure out if you take pictures in the sim are the higher quality than before. supposedly I read in the release notes that now you can save pictures as jpegs which tells me that they can save at a higher quality, and can be edited better 

Loaded the complete works and although Control Panel ID's the setup as 3.4.9.18400; P3D itself in Help/About lists the version as 3.2.3.16769 ???

doesnt sound right, maybe running old exe?  mine shows with correct version if you did client update, however i do also have a copy of prepar3d.exe as fsx.exe for compatiblity and wonder if you ran something like that.

• Upvote 2

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Re-ran Client.msi and still end up with 3.2.3.16769.  Shouls I delete P3D.exe and try again?

Shouls I delete P3D.exe and try again?

NO!  You need to uninstall the 3.2 client first from Add Remove Programs, then install v3.4 client.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you very,very much.  So simple it makes me look like the old :fool:  I am.

Jim

doesnt sound right, maybe running old exe?  mine shows with correct version if you did client update, however i do also have a copy of prepar3d.exe as fsx.exe for compatiblity and wonder if you ran something like that.

How about remove the old client first then run the new client. Made me feel like a :fool:

Jim

I've had a CTD with Aerosoft's A320/1. On scenario loading there's the usual black screen but no loading progress dialogue. It just stops responding then CTD.

A support ticket has gone into Aerosoft because everything else is ok.

Also had an out of memory problem, but I think my settings were too high for my rig.

Uninstalled the previous client and installed 3.4 client. Starts up perfectly. Indicates 3.4. Problem: VR menu not showing up! Anybody run into this problem?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Uninstalled the previous client and installed 3.4 client. Starts up perfectly. Indicates 3.4. Problem: VR menu not showing up! Anybody run into this problem?

Default VR is just camera view and controls have to be assigned to keyboard/joystick.  Can't use mouse.

You still need Flyinside for all the ui stuff and an update will be shortly out.  I am testing it as i write this post.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yeah I know that but I can't even get the menu. It doesn't work with FlyInside though. Wonder if there will be an update.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb