Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Really glad that P3D is being constantly developed.....but.....maybe I'm getting old, I am enjoying the constant tweaking, uninstalling, reinstalling less and less.

My current install (3.3) is slightly broken, dodgy textures here and there, not sure why. Think I'm going to stick with the next install for a couple of years. 

I have downloaded 3.4 just waiting to see what folk can do with the new Camera controls and stuff before I install. Anyone put together an arty video yet?

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

I did a fresh installation with v3.4 and it looks quite good so far. (I was using v3.3)

For now I have installed ORBX Global, Open LC Europe, Trees and some add on airports.

With the same settings as I had in v3.3 the sim feels smoother. I can even run unlimited fps and I get almost no blurries. Not sure what changed here.

Why should i delete the cfg?

What is the reason to do so ,as there are no new menu features ,as far as I have seen

When you do a Client Update going to a new version or down to an Older version,  it is recommended to Delete or Back-Up your Prepar3D.cfg.  The updates in the Client Install will Add and Or Modify Entries in your Prepar3D.cfg.  By Deleting or Backing-up your Prepar3D.cfg,   Prepar3D will build a new .cfg file with new Values\Settings to match exactly what the new Client Update will bring as apposed to the old .cfg 

Comparing the 2 .cfg files, Going from Client  V3.3 To V3.4 there is now 14 additional Entries in your Prepar3D.cfg file. These can be seen by looking at the Client "New features" and "fix's and Improvements"  on the Prepar3D website 

Thanks Elaine.

I will delete the current cfg file .

After rebuilding I have to make 5 new profiles like I have now.

Regards

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I usually keep my old Prepar3d.cfg.

After each new P3D version installation, I observe that new entries are added automatically in th efile after the first run.

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You "deleted" client and content...?????

Yes...well, I guess wrong terminology...uninstalled them, then ran the msi file.

Should have said, uninstalled....sorry.

Really glad that P3D is being constantly developed.....but.....maybe I'm getting old, I am enjoying the constant tweaking, uninstalling, reinstalling less and less.

My current install (3.3) is slightly broken, dodgy textures here and there, not sure why. Think I'm going to stick with the next install for a couple of years. 

I have downloaded 3.4 just waiting to see what folk can do with the new Camera controls and stuff before I install. Anyone put together an arty video yet?

I am old and after my very negative experience with 3.3 and having to roll back to 3.2 ( took 3 attempts) , I am now gun shy and think 3.2 is where I am going to stay. 3.2 gives me good FPS, smooth, never crashes, couldn't be happier. Reading the change log for 3.4, haven't found anything yet that sounds even remotely interesting. 

I suspect he means that he uninstalled them.

Major difference between deleted and uninstalled. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am old and after my very negative experience with 3.3 and having to roll back to 3.2 ( took 3 attempts) , I am now gun shy and think 3.2 is where I am going to stay. 3.2 gives me good FPS, smooth, never crashes, couldn't be happier. Reading the change log for 3.4, haven't found anything yet that sounds even remotely interesting. 

Major difference between deleted and uninstalled. 

Very true Bob...probably in my mind, I was er...deleting them....I know...lame...  :hi:

BTW, Bob...you have the 'green light' to go from v3.2, right to the latest.  I went from v3.2.3 to v3.4.9...no prob.  I actually picked up about 3-4 FPS with all my same settings...so it is for sure, optimized underneath the hood...

Just uninstall Client.  Run Client.msi  Uninstall Content. Run Content.msi

You won't crash...

I usually keep my old Prepar3d.cfg.

After each new P3D version installation, I observe that new entries are added automatically in th efile after the first run.

Same here - the transition has gone smoothly when following the reinstall client and/or content and/or scenery process, and clearing shaders.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, a bit short on time here. I was reading around the net about VAS issues in v3.4, users are reporting OOMs on identical flights they flew in v3.2/v3.3. MAde me to pull the parking brake and wait a bit more until I upgrade. Doesn't matter if it is user/p3d error, still made me think why should I update, v3.2 works here flawlessly.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Same here.....

Same again, I simply uninstall the client only and install the new one. I leave my existing cfg and I only deleted the shaders when I added PTA and made a new profile. I've updated AS2016 and the offered Orbx file, and all seems well. I can detect no change from 3.3 either in stability, performance or visuals, so all good thus far.

Hello ... going from 3.1 to 3.4 would you recommend to give all three components an update!? Or will I be fine just updating the Client!?

fernandinho

Hello ... going from 3.1 to 3.4 would you recommend to give all three components an update!? Or will I be fine just updating the Client!?

fernandinho

I have exactly the question as I am still running 3.1