Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

My advice is a full install. There are many changes since 3.1 in all areas. You will better be able to take advantage of the newer stuff.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Just updated from 3.35 to 3.4 and also rebuilt my CFG.  I was wondering why a few undocked panels at a payware airport was givin me just 12 fps and then unchecked VSync.  Frames jumped to 40.  I can't believe how much of an impact vsync has on framerates in this sim.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Is the Q400 and AS16 working in 3.4 yet?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I got an OOM while descending to FlyTampa Copenhagen from Split (vector + ftx global installed AS2016, ASCA). Never had that before v 3.4

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I'm flying V3.4 without any addon's and it's much more fluid and smoother compared to V3.3 and it does look visually nicer, hard to put my finger on why and what the difference is but there is one.

Yes.

Thanks

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

My advice is a full install. There are many changes since 3.1 in all areas. You will better be able to take advantage of the newer stuff.

Thanks for your advice. Do you mean with "full install" the update of all three components. Or really a complete new installation of 3.4?

I never did a full install, and my 3.2 runs like a clock. Couldn't be any better. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Would this mean uninstalling, reinstalling P3D, then reinstalling all of my addon's?

Coming from 3.1 I think it would be the wisest course. Its a pain in the you-know-what but you won't regret it because you'll get a clean fresh P3D with all the new stuff. You get this brand new canvas with which to work. Add on to it gradually and really assess what you like and what works well and what you might want to leave out.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I got an OOM while descending to FlyTampa Copenhagen from Split (vector + ftx global installed AS2016, ASCA). Never had that before v 3.4

Everything one notch back from maxed with Vector OpenLCEU, NGX, ESSA ORBX and Flytampa EKCH, ASCA+2016 GSX, FS2CREW and in 4K still 450mb left.

But only 1hour flight

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Would this mean uninstalling, reinstalling P3D, then reinstalling all of my addon's?

When you Uninstall the 3 Components ClientContent and Scenery you will notice that all 17 Default prepar3D folders will be gone ( Add On's will hold onto some of the folders likes effects and sounds and so on as they will have 3rd Party software files in them Only,   everything else will be gone

So by Updating the 3 components this would be classed as a Full Install.    

The content Update will have the biggest effect, Removing and Updating 11 of your default folders,  The issue you may have is if 3rd party software that Modifies default files as apposed to adding Extra files  (these are not touched)   For folks that have any kind of experience (even small)  these issues are small and easily worked around.

=========

In this Update all 3 Components were Updated and if You wanted all 3 Updates........

For complete and utter piece of mind you could Uninstall Prepar3D and everything "Inside Only" your Prepar3D folder and then start from scratch again,  If your going down this road make sure you Delete all 5 Prepar3D Directories\Folders,  6 if you Included your Install Location before you Install again.   Maybe the next Update will be mostly a Client one,  so you could just Update Client only.  

Either way works good.