Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

The reason I'm asking is that I've never deleted my .cfg file and have been updating P3D v3 since initial release.

It's a "recommendation" but not required.  I delete my Prepar3d.cfg after each minor version update and delete and saved graphics configurations I might have ... what you might want to do is take screenshots of the key graphics settings pages so you have a reference to set them back after you delete the Prepar3d.cfg.

There should be NO implications in deleting the Prepar3d.cfg, however, it is possible some 3rd party vendors might create entries in the Prepar3d.cfg (they shouldn't be doing this but I guess old habits are hard to break).  But either way, I've never encountered any issues with the delete and regeneration of a default Prepar3d.cfg.  But if you are concerned, just copy the file somewhere so you have a backup, but do NOT copy it back into P3D dir.

Cheers, Rob.

I assign all my controllers through FSUIPC. As long as I don't delete the FSUIPC.INI file or change the USB ports I'm good to go.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

For what it's worth, after each P3D minor version update, I delete all my files in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Controls and let P3D re-create defaults then go thru the tedious process of manual re-assignment.  A little time consuming but ensures no controller issues (I have a lot of controllers).  I do this as a "pre-caution", especially when I know LM work has been done regarding controllers.

Cheers, Rob.

If you use your controllers through FSUIPC I think you can do this delete and everything will be preserved.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I assign all my controllers through FSUIPC. 

I do this too.

Isn't it strange how, in our collective pursuit of having ever-more spectacular eye-candy - allied to our obsession with experiencing real weather,  that we so easily forget the actual core P3D? I have just completed a long-needed 'spring clean' of my system, removed years of add-on detritus and .... well, you get the point. Squeaky-clean pc and a brand new P3D installation.

So... I have just overridden the suggested default settings that P3D would have me run at and wound everything up to max. AM=85 is the only addition to the .cfg and ..... guess what?  Smooth as a baby's bum with astonishing frame rates (on MY Rig).! Quelle Surprise! 

Prepar3D as a Flight Sim works EXACTLY as intended.

• Upvote 2

I had to iron a few kinks out of her after the v3.4 update but she is performing very well for me, and this is will all my sceneries and in the PMDG B77W.  VAS is better than ever and animation is almost perfect.  There are still a few long frames mostly for loading airports, might be the only downside.

Dan Downs KCRP

Since 3.4 my default view when I start the sim is an outside view from the aft. What I can do to get the default view back to the captains seat?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

Since 3.4 my default view when I start the sim is an outside view from the aft. What I can do to get the default view back to the captains seat?

Try this,  Delete or Rename your Cameras.cfg and your Prepar3D.cfg...Prepar3D will build Default files (Maybe something is messed up)

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3  Cameras.cfg  Prepar3D.cfg

There are still a few long frames mostly for loading airports, might be the only downside.

Cannot getting rid of them neither (FSDT, NSS airports). Only long frames I have (just single-long one, at loading when in short), the rest is smoothness.

Can live with them anyway.

Happy flying!

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Try this,  Delete or Rename your Cameras.cfg and your Prepar3D.cfg...Prepar3D will build Default files (Maybe something is messed up)

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3  Cameras.cfg  Prepar3D.cfg

I have the same problem and It does not help when renamed or deleted Cameras.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg. I have done it dozens of times and no result. Also, try to replace Cameras.cfg and Prepar3d.cfg with the previous version files but also don`t have any results,

So far, I don`t know what's the problem and how it fix. I've already done everything possible tests and not progressing.

Load the default flight, switch to VC, save the flight.

C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.FLT

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I once had the same problem and tried all of above suggestions to no avail.

Then going through the LM forum I found that the solution in mycase was a faulty setting in my Saitek Yoke config

" the assignment of button 9 as the next view category was responsible for jumping to the spot view mode upon scenariostart"

re-assigning button 9 resolved it for me, and maybe it will for you ?

Marinus.

So, there are no mainstream addons that are broken after v3.3 and they all can be ported to v3.4? FSUIPC & AS2016 have their updates already and ORBX have updated their libraries. Sounds like I'm good to go and switch to v3.4?

Thanks,

Dirk.

So, there are no mainstream addons that are broken after v3.3 and they all can be ported to v3.4? FSUIPC & AS2016 have their updates already and ORBX have updated their libraries. Sounds like I'm good to go and switch to v3.4?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yeah, I've been using it all week without addon issues after I ran the FSDT Addon Manager installer to update couatl.exe,  this solved a problem I had with stackhash module crashes.  FSDT does a good job of keeping up to date but their method of pushing updates is spotty.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's a "recommendation" but not required. I delete my Prepar3d.cfg after each minor version update and delete and saved graphics configurations I might have ... what you might want to do is take screenshots of the key graphics settings pages so you have a reference to set them back after you delete the Prepar3d.cfg.

There should be NO implications in deleting the Prepar3d.cfg, however, it is possible some 3rd party vendors might create entries in the Prepar3d.cfg (they shouldn't be doing this but I guess old habits are hard to break). But either way, I've never encountered any issues with the delete and regeneration of a default Prepar3d.cfg. But if you are concerned, just copy the file somewhere so you have a backup, but do NOT copy it back into P3D dir.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, v3.4 adds new features that also are placed in the p3d.cfg file.

Eg : now when accelerating/braking the horizon goes down or up a bit..

I had some performance issues since v3.4 and Steve helped me lot , but this morning, just by copying back the v3.3 p3d.cfg file my stutters at detailed locations were gone...

With the p3d.cfg file from v3.3 the horizon feature with accelerating/braking does not work.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0