Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Seconded.. I even fly return legs without restarting the sim.

(Meme ref: we got an badass over here)

thats amazing bra keep it up

I suggest to check your FTX Vector settings and don't use any higher than 1024 textures for anyone with VAS issues.

Richard Åsberg

I suggest to check your FTX Vector settings and don't use any higher than 1024 textures for anyone with VAS issues.

thank you will try it

Hi,

how to get back default normal VC eyepoint (everything was fine P3.3.2 and P3.3.5) but now in 3.4 is a default VC view totally disoriented (outside airplane and the view flickers) and some sort of setup doesn`t work (eyepoint can`t move anymore though buttons are set in Control setting).

I have experimented with replacing some files for example changed cameras.cfg and Controls with previous version files, also Prepar 3D.cfg (in ...AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) but not  result, VC default view still persists.

Because I could not to work P3.4 with Client uninstall/install then i had to do full P3.4 install and that means, that this view problem is completely in default installation (no addons).

Never before had behaved so strangely simulator (since Fs9,Fsx, P3dv1,2,3)!

i have Windows 7 and Saitek X52 and NVidia GeForce (no Occulus).

if anyone has any idea ?

Hi

After several days of experimentation I understood the problem is not any more in P3.4 but a more general.Because i uninstalling P3.4 and installing P3.3.5 again,also deleted required files (the simulator was built  new files) the problem was still the same - default VC view totally disoriented and VC view not occurred default and added commands in Setup/Controls/View (can`t move eyepoint), but others controls seem to be working (throttle, elevator axis and so on). I've tried a variety of ways - several time reinstalling P3 fully, disabling Joy , disabling antivirus, reinstalling Framework 4.61 .....and more i don`t know what to do, It seems that the bug is already generally (somewhere in the Windows ?).

Of course it all started when i at the beginning installing P3.4 Client updating and then it started with errors ,previous versions worked so far perfectly but after repeated reinstalling P3 and repeated deleting files, I somehow ruined anything -  but what?

Any idea ??

I usually keep my old Prepar3d.cfg.

After each new P3D version installation, I observe that new entries are added automatically in th efile after the first run.

Sorry for going back to this post:

Well then, what's the final verdict on this? When updating client/content/scenery.msi, do we really have to delete and rebuild Prepar3D.cfg?

Cannot find this recommendation on LM's Prepar3D v3 Download and Installation Directions (§ Updating Prepar3D v3)

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Seriously considering going from 2048 to 1024 textures.

There is seriously nothing wrong with that,

The shaders are amazing in 3.4.

P3D 3.4 looks even better than 3.3.5 with PTA.

thank you will try it

Personally I only have highways and primary roads enabled and I also unchecked power lines. I think this saves me quite an amount of precious VAS.

There is seriously nothing wrong with that,

I fully agree. I've been using 1024 textures for as long as I can remember.

Well then, what's the final verdict on this? When updating client/content/scenery.msi, do we really have to delete and rebuild Prepar3D.cfg?

Cannot find this recommendation on LM's Prepar3D v3 Download and Installation Directions (§ Updating Prepar3D v3)

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

It's often suggested that you should delete your Prepar3D.cfg file to solve all kinds of issues. For me it never solved any of my issues so I'm not sure how much good it will do.

I guess when it actually can be a good thing is if you added lots of your own tweaks to it but since P3Dv3 I'm not using any performance tweaks anymore and the sim runs just fine.

On the other hand if you didn't add lots of your own tweaks to it it's an easy thing to delete it and let it be rebuilt since you will then know for sure you have a fresh config file.

The shaders are amazing in 3.4.

P3D 3.4 looks even better than 3.3.5 with PTA.

Yeah, 3.4 does look better than 3.3.5 doesn't it?

Glad to hear it wasn't just my wishful thinking :wink:

Richard Åsberg

do we really have to delete and rebuild Prepar3D.cfg?

I don't as I prefer not to have to configure all my settings (and cfg additions/changes) again. Any new entries from the client update get added to the existing one, so nothing is missing.

Of course it all started when i at the beginning installing P3.4 Client updating and then it started with errors ,previous versions worked so far perfectly but after repeated reinstalling P3 and repeated deleting files, I somehow ruined anything -  but what?

Any idea ??

Would it be worth a System Restore prior to when you first upgraded to P3D v3.4?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

I was a hold-out at staying with v3.2.3.   I went straight from that, to 3.4.9, by means of using the Client and Content msi applets.  I did not use the Scenery, therefore did not require any reloading of my Orbx and other custom installs.   I did what Elaine suggested, and deleted my.cfg and Shader contents, in that I needed to do the Shader deletion anyways...for having installed a new series vid card.  

I don't fly advanced cockpit 3rdP tubes, but only use 3rdP business and general aviation sleds.  I have had many multi-hour flights with 3.4.9, and not one issue with CTD, OOM, or VAS chiming by FUSIPC.  It's my opinion that they truly have nailed down VAS exhaustion issues for this still 32 bit product.  In my usage case, I believe so.

Also a side note....if you run the sim, mostly flat-out with all features at their max settings like I do, then your video memory will have a load in of up to 2.7 GBs!  If you have a card with less than 4 GB's onboard....then that could lead to some running problems, as then your system will have to run the texture demand overload onto your main system memory and have sim-slowing and stutter/pause swap outs to your vid card.  This could be some people's issues, in that alone.

If you run XP, the same...I can tell your right here...that XP will absolutely use up to...get this....7 GB's of loaded vid memory with all settings at their max equivalent , so even a 6 GB card can have XP require to create a memory swap out file being run from off of the system's RAM!

It seems today that video cards need a minimum of 8 GB's to be future proofed in the next couple of years, etc.   I can see the next card generation at 10-12 GB's on-board, no problem.....

Yeah, 3.4 does look better than 3.3.5 doesn't it?

Glad to hear it wasn't just my wishful thinking :wink:

Looks identical to me. But no HDR here, could they have tweaked the HDR bits? Also, I only upgraded Client this round. Otherwise I can't understand why some are reporting improved visuals.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Looks identical to me. But no HDR here, could they have tweaked the HDR bits? Also, I only upgraded Client this round. Otherwise I can't understand why some are reporting improved visuals.

Well...can't say really and again...it still might be that we wish things have been improved and then we see what we want to see :wink:

Regardless it's a nice feeling and as for HDR I'm using that so maybe you're right they did some changes in that department but on the other side I can't recall I read anything about it in the change log.

And edited to add I also upgraded only the client before my flight yesterday when I think things looked and performed better so can't be the content and scenery packs adding that sensation.

I did however after my flight yesterday also upgrade the content and scenery modules to get rid of the issue with AS16 and GSX dialogue boxes not looking the way they should. Haven't had time to check if this problem is now resolved but will check it tonight when I get home from work.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

I never do and upgrades work right for me from the beginning.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers