Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Terrible, reverted back to 3.35. :Shame On You:

And the award for the most pointless comment so far goes to .....

• Upvote 13

Can you explain on why you reverted back

Just go to Recovery in Control Panel, open System Restore to a point before you did the upgrade. I did it because AS2016 started throwing  error and my Sim looked  blurred, even though I run it @ high settings.

And the award for the most pointless comment so far goes to .....

I am a man of few words,  and thank you for the award. 

• Upvote 2

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Just go to Recovery in Control Panel, open System Restore to a point before you did the upgrade. I did it because AS2016 started throwing error and my Sim looked blurred, even though I run it @ high settings.

Skywolf asked you why you reverted back, not how to revert back

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guys and Gals,

Can we have some review of 3.4 experience.  This thread could help lot of us from the people who have upgraded.  As of right now AS16 is not updated to 3.4 and Q400 (will work) but it will give an error message which can be ignored as this is what is posted on Majestic's official forum; they will be releasing a minor update shortly (no idea on time frame). 

Orbx already updated their dll within like 45 min of P3D3.4 release (they get to beta test P3D like Rob does, Rob wanna hook me up with beta team?)

Based on previous comments latest FSUIPC, UK2000 works, and I assume FSDT/FB (airports using coutl tech) should be automatically updated and working.

All Flyinside users of P3D you will have to wait as Dan is going to do an update for 3.4.  Right now Flyinside works for 3.35 only

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Here is what I found at the Prepar3d forum, it should explain things further:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119770

Thanks for link Rob

You go George - KBOS - good luck Buddy cant wait to get this new airport basically nothing in this neck of the woods 

Rich Sennett

Q400 (will work) but it will give an error message which can be ignored as this is what is posted on Majestic's official

Odd, I didn't get an error message with the Q400 in 3.4, it worked flawlessly (better than in v3.3)?  But I may have a version you don't have ... which if you don't have then I can't say I have it ... who's on first and what's on second? ;)

Cheers, Rob.

ErichB, on 20 Sept 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

What does this mean in practical terms

Support for alpha blending for custom zbias layering

Here is what I found at the Prepar3d forum, it should explain things further:

http://www.prepar3d....ic.php?t=119770

Thanks Robert.

Virtual reality is the best thing that could have happened to fight simulation.

Even with its current low resolution, the level of immersion is just amazing, even more in civil jets.

VR + ORBX Vector is a must have.

Virtual reality is the best thing that could have happened to fight simulation.

Even with its current low resolution, the level of immersion is just amazing, even more in civil jets.

VR + ORBX Vector is a must have.

Performance is still an overall issue though. It's great for a 3D flightdeck experience but you still can't comfortably perform an actual operational flight. The lag gave me headaches.

Based on previous comments latest FSUIPC, UK2000 works, and I assume FSDT/FB (airports using coutl tech) should be automatically updated and working.

Posted the question at the FSDT Forums and they said that by running any installer from FSDT the only file affected bglmanx.dll will be automatically updated to be used with P3Dv3.4.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Odd, I didn't get an error message with the Q400 in 3.4, it worked flawlessly (better than in v3.3)?  But I may have a version you don't have ... which if you don't have then I can't say I have it ... who's on first and what's on second? ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Users of the Q400 will get the message "This gauge version must be used under P3D v3.3" which is merely due to the fact that the Q400 checks for the version of P3D, but unlike previous versions of P3D - one is still able to use the Q400 without any changes in functionality and or performance. 

An upcoming patch will be released soon.

Rob -yes the version you have is a bit shinier than the existing Q400 on the market :)

• Upvote 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Hi guys:

Could anyone who already did the upgrade post here his findings about the new P3Dv3.4?.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers