Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

se my post above about your discovery

Thanks to you :-)

Michael Moe

Thanks I can repeat these findings consistently . Now for a solution maybe the experts can tell us how a mesh is generating such a high vas load . Is it a fault with pilots mesh and is it happening elsewhere.Hope someone cleverer than me can solve this .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I do have this and will report back,

I just tried the exact same departure using the Majestic Dash8 with the same result at 7.1 NM before TOLTRI

Loss of 3-350MB

Michael Moe

UPDATE:

I think you nailed it  :smile:  :wink:  :Tounge:

All London drivers  - we might have a breakthrough regarding extra ordninary VAS issues .

I can confirm that disabling FTX Global MESH solves the loss of 300MB of VAS between BFK and TOLTRI (7.1NM before TOLTRI) in London even with FTX England and everything else in place

We need to adress ORBX/FTX i guess

Thanks for all your hard work

Michael Moe

what FTX Global Mesh, Michael ? I don't have this in my scenery lib or did i miss something ?

I mean do i have to unselect all ftx mesh settings ?

Carsten U

what FTX Global Mesh, Michael ? I don't have this in my scenery lib or did i miss something ?

This is a very specific issue in as far as I know one place . Pilots FTX 2010 mesh is recommended by Orbx to be compatable with all there products. I have no idea if this effects any where else . London is also flat . To confuse matters even further you can disable continents . Disabling Europe does not help just tried you have to remove the lot !!! 

Colin hodds

This is a very specific issue in as far as I know one place . Pilots FTX 2010 mesh is recommended by Orbx to be compatable with all there products. I have no idea if this effects any where else . London is also flat . To confuse matters even further you can disable continents . Disabling Europe does not help just tried you have to remove the lot !!!

I have pilots mesh but there are more than one entry for them in scenery.cfg.

I wonder if i need to deactivate all or only the europe one for example...

Carsten U

I have pilots mesh but there are more than one entry for them in scenery.cfg.

I wonder if i need to deactivate all or only the europe one for example...

I had to remove all did not work removing just europe

Colin hodds

Experienced the same with my last two tests. Crazy but it really works.

Thanks everyone involved !

Carsten

Carsten U

Yep, I think Cannow nailed it down to FTX Global Mesh and London

I have done 5 test now with and without FTX England , OpenLCEU in the NGX and one in the Dash8 and i can still confirm this .

Would be great if we could have someone like ROB to test this as well

But think of all the drivers out there who flies to London every day and we nailed it down ?

This could extend to even further areas and VAS issues (who knows ?)

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It could be that the sim loads one or both of the nearby regions at that point.

Three regions meet in the North Sea between England and Belgium/Holland:

K - Europe British, L - Europe French and A - Europe Germanic

Take a look at the regions map here.

So when you remove the higher quality mesh, VAS doesn't increase as much. Maybe? Just something to consider.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

It could be that the sim loads one or both of the nearby regions at that point.

Three regions meet in the North Sea between England and Belgium/Holland:

K - Europe British, L - Europe French and A - Europe Germanic

Take a look at the regions map here.

So when you remove the higher quality mesh, VAS doesn't increase as much. Maybe? Just something to consider.

Yeah it could be , thanks,

London is what every wants to join so it would  be a pleasure right to nail it ? 

At least 300MB would give us some choices right ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

How i can measure the VAS?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Yep, I think Cannow nailed it down to FTX Global Mesh and London

I have done 5 test now with and without FTX England , OpenLCEU in the NGX and one in the Dash8 and i can still confirm this .

Would be great if we could have someone like ROB to test this as well

But think of all the drivers out there who flies to London every day and we nailed it down ?

This could extend to even further areas and VAS issues (who knows ?)

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Guys,

I think it is not only related to London....I was reading this post yesterday while I was flying EGLL-KSFO with PMDG T7 and decided to take some numbers and do some tests.

My setup is a few posts above but here it is again:

Pilot FS global mesh FTX version, FTX Vector, EU and NA OLC, FTX Global Base, 2048 textures, AS16+ASCA on networked laptop, LOD 5.5, Tesselation, Mesh detail and texture resolution max, scenery and autogen complexity dense....and for my PC I have HT=OFF

When I departed LHR I had FTX Global Mesh enabled, Europe and North America only. My recordings upon startup, take off and at one hour intervals were as follows (the numbers are referring to residual VAS, measured via FSUIPC) 

Flight startup, Aerosoft EGLL, stand 518: 1310 Mb 

Take off (40 min later) : 1140 Mb

h1: 1140

h2: 1156

h3: 1108

h4: 1111

h5: 1063

Then, after about 5:30 hours since take off, upon reaching North America mainland, VAS started to bleed quite rapidly (I had NO other addon airport activated except departure and destination ones) and I had:

h6: 990

h7: 530

VAS continued to bleed so I saved the flight and restarted. Residual VAS went back up to 1300 Mb, but it started again to bleed and shortly fell below 1000 Mb continuing to drop......saved the flight again, but this time before restarting the flight I deactivated all the FTX Global Mesh entries from my scenery list (Using Scenery Configurator Editor). Guess what ? when I restarted the flight my residual VAS was back to 1300 Mb...BUT...it remained stable for at least other 4 hours and finally decreased as expected while getting closer to Flightbeam KSFO where I safely landed with 850 Mb of residual VAS. 

So, apparently this finding is in line with your theories but it would seem to point at one general worldwide issue with FTX Mesh (but it might be related to every kind of addon mesh, who knows ?) and not only limited to London area....

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Great find but is this related only to v3.4 or is it repeatable with v3.3.5 as well?

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Would hate to loose my mesh but could live without just in UK.

Download the FreeMesh from the Avsim Lib and compare with FTX. I found the FreeMesh better than the Global mesh, so that maybe an alternative.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Great find but is this related only to v3.4 or is it repeatable with v3.3.5 as well?

I actually think it goes way back to FSX as well.

I just noted it back a couple of years and even had a post over at ORBX/FTX about it but forgot all about it.

But maybe and hopefully others will test it

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Download the FreeMesh from the Avsim Lib and compare with FTX. I found the FreeMesh better than the Global mesh, so that maybe an alternative.

Downloading at the moment looks great . Once installed I will repeat  flights and report back . If anyone has this already installed try this flight egll bnn bpk lam egmc. Somewhere approaching Lam Vor you will get a vas spike between 150mb default scenary and 300mb with FTX England . Remember ftx eng has its own mesh which is above Pilots mesh.Hopefully we do not get the same effect with free mesh

Colin hodds