Sign in to follow this  
awralls

FS Cargo is really fun!

Guest CWD

Sounds sort of like "Crazy Taxi" with planes. :-lol

Sounds like you might think the times for completion of the missions are a bit short! We've been knocking this issue back and forth for a while. I've been able to fly many of them (admittedly the shorter ones of an hour or so) in a pretty slow plane, following FAA rules, and still complete them on time. That's the challenge of it, not breaking the rules or bending the plane, but still getting things there. Some people have said they think the times are too short, so we're open to lengthening them in a future update. I'd rather see the user have an option for how "loose" to make the timing, but no definite plans regarding that yet. The problem of getting the same cargo many times in a row is especially pronounced if you have a larger, heavier aircraft. Right now the product has more of a bush flying focus, and the greatest variety of packages is revealed when flying smaller loads. I'm also working on an update for the cargo to give many more loadouts, but all that modeling takes a bit of time. In the meantime, try a smaller plane, or shorter routes just to shake things up. And for pete's sake, stay off the grass! ;-)

Bill,As I reported in the FSAddon forum, the problem is exactly as posted above - sterility. There is no context for what is going on. IMO, FSCargo desparately needs some sort of financial background in a similar vein to FSPassengers or FSEConomy. It doesn't have to be hugely complicated, but if the carriage of freight was tied to an elementary economic model it would all make some sort of sense. In reality, people do this sort of thing for a living and if the FS user has to pay for fuel and maintenance from the money made from carrying boxes, and then this is coupled with some sort of economic goal, the whole thing becomes much more immersive.Just my suggestion...Regards,

Guest JIMJAM

Or scenerios might be easier to create. Just a type based background to the run and a completion recap. Maybe a string of runs ran back to back.I would prefer a story line and reason rather than simply a time based goal.Most of us have really good imaginations just need to fill in some blanks for us and get our minds moving in a direction.Have some missions that require unique capabilities. One run might be to a 800 ft grass strip delivering food and supplies to hunters while another might require you to deliver a heavy load.Again I do not know the limitations of FS9 or how difficult and time consuming the above would involve. But adding atmosphere to the hauls would really add alot to the enjoyment.BYW- I noticed some runs using the Misty Fyords scenery.How many miles wide is the area?

JIMJAM,You seem to be describing FS Economy. Check it out if you haven't already.Regards,Paul

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks I will check that out.Dont get me wrong. I enjoy the simplicity and do not know if I want to get bogged down in a fully fleshed out economic model. Although alot out there would disagree.Im just a hired stick and could care less how much money Im wasting out the exhaust or how many brake pads Im turning into dust.FsCargo just needs a little something something.You know what I mean?One idea I would like to see is have the clock stop when the plane is on the ground. It would at least put a end to the Indy 500 dash to the box.

In the cargo biz, you don't get credit for just getting there, you have to actually delivery the goods! ;-)

Guest JIMJAM

I flew cargo for a few years in rl and do not know if people really want a "realistic" representation of the life of a small freight pilot.But if you did...Start drinking pots and pots of thick hours old coffee. The pots with the deep black bottom burns and unknown crud.For lunch and supper take your pick of over a dozen candy bars,chips and other artery blockers and fat pills.Log only 2 hours each night yet spent 4-5 hours waiting.Assume the life of a vampire and do not allow the sun to touch your skin for months until you reach that pasty white look.Tape tin foil over your windows to block the sun and sleep during the day.And lastly, DO NOT try and use the cooler they put onboard to keep your colas cold that has the "donor organs" sticker on it.

Guest JIMJAM

I cannot log into simflight forums to post although I can read your forums. It refuses to accept my password/username even thugh Ive had different ones sent.I have been trying for over an hour to create 2 new areas in Alaska.They are within 30 miles of each other and no matter what the plane, it says no flights are available due to the plane or time contraints.The list areas shows 2 in Alaska, the feild names and indentfiers. I changed the runway lenghts from short,med and long.If I hit edit, I can see the lights,cones ect at both feilds.Any idea what Im doing wrong????

Guest JIMJAM

Nevermind.FYI - I placed another area approx 80 miles away and all is well.