Sign in to follow this  
moss1

I like Carenado a/c

Guest wildfire563

If the rear seats are separate textures, you could always make them transparent if Carenado doesn't give the option. But I bet if you ask they will help you out. When I've asked for help, they've always gotten right back to me.Thomas

Thomas,Good luck getting past those issues and back into the air. General aviation has a difficult road ahead and we need all the support and all the flying pilots we can muster. ADIZ establishments, user fees, privatization, etc. Not insurmountable but will require supporting our lobbying groups in Washington.Regards,Leon

Thank you both so much. I guessit matters quite a bit what type of aircrfat, location etc. but It gives me an idea.Right nw im looking at something small and cheap, say a 150, 152, maybe a 172. I have about 300 hours, about 250 of them on a 172 so Im hoping insurance wont hurt me too much.Thanks again for the help.Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest CWD

They are doing a pantsless version after I asked about it...not that I'm saying it was done especially for me. The Clear Simulations people said they'd be doing a cargo model of their 206, so there's that to hope for if Carenado doesn't...though the promised ClearSim website still has yet to materialize.

Guest Wichita

>I was a bit shocked when they released their screensaver as>payware but hey, it's up to the simmers to decide if they want>to pay money for a bunch of promotional screenshots.LOL,I didn't hear about that one or get a email from them,I'm on their mailing list but its a bit flaky from time to time. That would take some guts to try and charge your good paying customers for a .jpg of a simulated aircraft.Again,if Carenado offered the glass cockpit like Cessna is doing with the H model I'd be standing in line.....David

Guest av84fun

I am a Carenado fan too. But re: your comment about a twin, the Dreamfleet Baron 58 was recently released and is an AWESOME machine. I was on the Beta team but have no other involvement with DF. It's just a GREAT light twin with super-advanced avionics and LITE models as well.Regards,Jim

I am a huge fan of Carenado ever since their free Piper Tomahawk or Cessna 152 for FS 2000. I then purchased their Cessna 172 and Piper Saratoga. These were great visual models. When FS2002 rolled around I purchased the Beechcraft Bonanzas. With FS9 I have updated the Bonanzas, purchased the Dakota, 210, 182, and look forward to the 206. I don't know about any seemy history with Carenado, but at this point I don't care to know. The past products and services have been absolutely fantastic. I am one of the few that enjoys general aviation over comercial, and I would like to see more general aviation announcements of products, etc. It is fine and dandy to set the autopilot, push a button and watch the plane take off, cruise and land all by itself. It is fantastic to pilot the aircraft into a mountain airstrip in MVFR / IFR conditions all by the seat of your pants....:D Now that is where real pilots are found....:DKevin

I'm also a great fan of Carenado. Actually, I think they do the best GA vc's - at least in terms of realism. It must be something to do with the textures they use. I actually feel like I'm sitting in a real plane, especially in the Mentor, the Cessna 210 and 182RG. The only other company to touch them in this is Dreamfleet. Most of the other payware vendors seem to create vc's that are fully functional and have smooth gauges but the interior of the cockpits feel unreal and they usually make me feel like I am sitting in an Airfix kit!

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Ya Carenado Rocks, Ill be all over the new one.About the float version, Being a real life float rated pilot, I see no fun in flying floats in MSFS, Maybe im missing something, I just find that its kind of boring. Theres nothing to see. Maybe I just dont have the required scenery to enjoy it.If there were more float bases in the sim it might be a little more interresting.Any advice or comments as I love float flying IRL, but find it udderly boring in the sim.This is not to bad mounth people that love the floats in the sim, Im just trying to figure out if theres something im missing in order to enjoy the float flying in MSFSThanks Gerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>I'm also a great fan of Carenado. Actually, I think they do>the best GA vc's - at least in terms of realism. It must be>something to do with the textures they use. I actually feel>like I'm sitting in a real plane, especially in the Mentor,>the Cessna 210 and 182RG. The only other company to touch them>in this is Dreamfleet. Most of the other payware vendors seem>to create vc's that are fully functional and have smooth>gauges but the interior of the cockpits feel unreal and they>usually make me feel like I am sitting in an Airfix kit!Add RealAir to the list, as the Spitfire has an exceptional VC. But like you, I think that Carenado & Dreamfleet have excellent VC's. These are my top three, although I haven't purchased a few airliner models from some other vendors, that I hear are good.And since I actually do buy some payware models based on well done exterior graphics, Carenado is very, very good at this!L.Adamson

Guest wildfire563

You'd have to list what you use for scenery for us to make a determination about what you are missing. Things like UT/USA and everything Holger, especially Misty Fjords, are a must. If you are using UT/USA, turn off the extended lights to increase the autogen.There's lots of stuff for Ontario and other parts of Canada as well.Thomas

Guest KChapman

Again, not knowing what scenery you have, I can highly recommend perusing the following website if you're looking for floatplane/dock sceneries: http://fly-heather.avsim.net where Heather Sherman has compiled and published the most all-inclusive and well-cataloged scenery listings that I've seen. You're also more than welcome to stop by http://www.bushflyingunlimited.com for a look at the fun we at BFU have flying and sharing stories about flying many different floatplanes in the forums.Have fun up there,KevinEDIT: spelling

Hey everyone, yes I too love Carenado's products. I have all of them, well except for the ones that don't work in 2004. The textures get better with every release, and from the screen shots of the 206, things are about to get better for us GA lovers! Can't wait. Best regards, Jeff

Skyhawk,I think I made the same request that you did,...no wheel pants and a float version. The translation I got back was to the effect (my reading) was, "We know what we can make. Thanks" I think they use an internet translator and I allowed for that.If a flight sim company decides to do a Stationair 206, they have an implied obligation from the flight sim community to take the pants off and offer a float/Amphib version. We can see they have already taken the pants off from their new screenshots.It would be like offering a Beaver with only wheel pants. Next to the Beaver and Otter, it is my opinion that the 206 sits in the number 3 position for bush work. I'm discounting of course the fuel oil burning Caravan.