Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

31.5" 4ms Samsung Curved LS32E590CS

Hi guys

I am thinking of shouting myself this for a Chrissie present. Price is AUD435.

I would be using it mainly for P3D and some naval warfare games. 

Does anyone have experience with P3D/FSX using a curved monitor over 30" and is it a viable option to improve experience. I currently am using a 24" Dell found on the side of the road.

Price seems OK by me.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/curved/samsung-31-5-led-curved-monitor-with-glossy-black-t-shaped-stand-ls32e590cs-za/

Thanks

John

I have the Dell UW3415. I finally get to fly P3D in the 777 with 1.0 zoom and it makes the experience a little more immersive (particularly with Track IR)

435 for a 31 seems OK to me. Let's hope others chime in.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I also have the Dell U3415W monitor  and use the wide aspect ratio setting with 1.0x zoom and agree it is much more immersive than my previous 16:10 monitor and is a delight to use. Although I don't use Track IR (it gave me a headache) it works very well with Ezdok etc. My previous GTX970 had no problems with it either. 

Never regretted the purchase.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

I have the Dell UW3415. I finally get to fly P3D in the 777 with 1.0 zoom and it makes the experience a little more immersive (particularly with Track IR)

435 for a 31 seems OK to me. Let's hope others chime in.

I also have the Dell U3415W monitor  and use the wide aspect ratio setting with 1.0x zoom and agree it is much more immersive than my previous 16:10 monitor and is a delight to use. Although I don't use Track IR (it gave me a headache) it works very well with Ezdok etc. My previous GTX970 had no problems with it either. 

Never regretted the purchase.

I too have the Dell and was wondering is that 1.0 zoom with "Wide-view aspect ratio" selected in the graphics setting?

Under the [Graphics] in the FSX.cfg/Prepar3d.cfg file

WideViewAspect=True

then I set all my camera views in Ezdok to 1.00

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

I too have the Dell and was wondering is that 1.0 zoom with "Wide-view aspect ratio" selected in the graphics setting?

Yes. With wide aspect set to on. Set zoom to your tastes!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Thank you. I just did. I had the wide-view aspect ratio off with a .40 zoom and to be honest I don't see a difference.

Thank you. I just did. I had the wide-view aspect ratio off with a .40 zoom and to be honest I don't see a difference.

A long, but detailed, explanation of wide view aspect here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjbCFNSofpk

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

OP note that the resolution of that panel is only 1920x1080.  At 31.5 inches that res will "show itself" for close computer sitting use, at least IMO (I guess it depends on what you are used to).  The Dell panels mentioned above are 2560x1440, which does very well with the larger sizes.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)