Sign in to follow this  
TLDspectre

Set starting gate?

I'm trying out Pilot2ATC for the first time - really like the way the flight planner works, but I was wondering if there's a way to specify the starting gate for departure. I've searched the forum and Internet but can't find anything for how to do this, assuming it's possible.

I've tried exporting a flight plan and importing it into Plan-G (which allows you to specify the starting gate), but the waypoints in Plan-G don't match those in Pilot2ATC for some reason. Also tried creating a FP in Plan-G, exporting and then importing into Pilot2ATC. But then it won't let me add SIDs/STARs, I can only add individual waypoints.

I'm hoping there's a simple solution for this!

1.Create/Import a flight plan

2. Select the airport in the flight plan

3. Click 'Info' (look down right side)

4. Select runways &gates

5. Select gate from drop down list

That's it 

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

You should be able to set the starting gate in your SIM.

Pilot2ATC does not manipulate the location of your aircraft or the AI Traffic.

For taxi instructions after landing, select the desired gate as describe by Alpha117 above.  The flight plan itself does not need to know anything about gates.

If you want to add SIDs/STARs in Pilot2AATC, then you should import a flight plan with only the Departure and Destination airports and any Route waypoints (those that will be between the last SID waypoint and the first SAR waypoint). 

If you are flying between major cities, then the best way to set up your flight plan is using the FPln Import feature described starting on p.37 of the User Guide.  If not, you can enter just the 2 airports and then add SIDs and STARs.  Pilot2ATC will recommend the best match given the route of flight.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Upvote 1

You should be able to set the starting gate in your SIM.

Pilot2ATC does not manipulate the location of your aircraft or the AI Traffic.

For taxi instructions after landing, select the desired gate as describe by Alpha117 above.  The flight plan itself does not need to know anything about gates.

If you want to add SIDs/STARs in Pilot2AATC, then you should import a flight plan with only the Departure and Destination airports and any Route waypoints (those that will be between the last SID waypoint and the first SAR waypoint). 

If you are flying between major cities, then the best way to set up your flight plan is using the FPln Import feature described starting on p.37 of the User Guide.  If not, you can enter just the 2 airports and then add SIDs and STARs.  Pilot2ATC will recommend the best match given the route of flight.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave and Alpha117. Along with checking out the ATC functions, I am also testing Pilot2ATC as a flight planner for use with other ATC programs (hence the desire to export FPs). I installed the latest update and checked the "Export SID/STAR/Approach Waypoints" in the export settings and that fixed the issue with importing the FP into Plan-G. I can now create FSX flight plans that include the starting gate when loaded using FSX's flight planner option.

Have the Pilot2ATC folks ever considered creating a separate standalone flight planner (i.e. no ATC functions) for folks who may already have another ATC program? I currently own Radar Contact and am testing out VOXATC, PF3 and Pilot2ATC. I really like the flight planner part of Pilot2ATC, just not sure about the ATC voices yet (compared to the other programs).

Right now there is no plan to offer just a Flight Planner product, but I wouldn't totally rule it out for the future.

As for the voices, you can install any SAPI5 compliant voices you like.  Check out the Pinned topic on voices in this forum.

One way to get a few additional voices is to install other Microsoft Language Packs that include Desktop voices.  Unfortunately, their Mobile voices, which are more plentiful, do not work on a desktop PC, even though they do seem to install.  I understand they are used by Cortana with a proprietary TTS engine not available to mear mortal developers.

Regards,

Dave

• Upvote 1