Sign in to follow this  
Guest Caveman

Turning on Runway Lights...

Guest Caveman

I flew into CYCG (Castlegar, B.C.) the other night from Calgary Intl and when I got to the airport the runway lights looked like they were "off".CYCG is a small airport with 1 fairly short strip. I know in real life, that airport lights can be turned on/off by keying them with the microphone (a few quick clicks or something?)... What was going on here?There was am AI learjet or Citation landing and the lights still didn't come on.Does FS9 support "light activation through mic keying?"

Guest Moviedirector20

In short no FS does not allow Pilot Controlled Lighting, lights come on around dusk, and it is possible the AFCAD for that airport is wrong and does not have lights programmed in. I dont know anything about that airport specifically sorry

Guest MattNW

It could be the time you arrived. I've flown into an airport without lights. Almost missed the runway because I couldn't see it and then had the runway lights come on while I was taxiing off the runway.

You might want to try Vern Opperman's add-on for Castlegar. Magic. He's recently released Grand Forks, too, which is a pleasant little GA flight away.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest Caveman

I've heard Holger's scenery really dresses up the BC area and makes the last portion of getting there very good...Is the Vern Opperman work an updated version of the airport? Is there any framerate impact?

Guest MattNW

It would be a cool add on or as part of an add on scenery to have the lights set to a certain radio frequency. Any scenery designers up to this?

Hi.FYI, there are already quite a number of addon sceneries(both freeware and payware) that have this feature with frequency controlled lighting for runway lights, approach lights, strobes etc.