Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Is FSAddon Vancouver is available?

Lately I have been flying helicopters and I have been looking for city scenery to add for my sim. One scenery that I never got (I don't know why) was FSAddon's Vancouver. Is this scenery still available for purchase (for FS9)? If so where?

That's to bad. For some reason I never did buy that scenery when it was available.

Real bummer!

Who is "Jon Patch" they refer to on their website?  Wasn't FSaddon owned by Francois Dumas at one time - perhaps still is?  He's a really nice guy and I could imagine that he would find some way of getting a legal copy to you.

Dijvid

Jon Patch was the developer of the Vancouver scenery add-on. As a Vancouverite myself, I'd love to have the scenery upgraded for P3D, but sadly, he passed away in 2015.   http://www.avsim.com/topic/463116-jon-patch-dies/

I'd imagine that since FSAdd acted on behalf of the heir's wishes to remove the add-on, it will not be available legally.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Jon Patch was the developer of the Vancouver scenery add-on. As a Vancouverite myself, I'd love to have the scenery upgraded for P3D, but sadly, he passed away in 2015.   http://www.avsim.com/topic/463116-jon-patch-dies/

I'd imagine that since FSAdd acted on behalf of the heir's wishes to remove the add-on, it will not be available legally.

I have this file but haven't used it in years [last used early 2006] and have no further use for it.

The T&C when installing the product - and also reproduced in the user manual which comes with it - state that the permission of FSAddon must be sought regarding transfer of license.  It does not mention Jon Patch or his heirs.  So, would you like me to contact FSaddon/Francois Dumas?

Anyone, please chime in here if you have any thoughts or ideas.

Dijvid

I have Vancouver + Pt.1 but would also like to have Pt.2 if it's available anywhere.

Just bought a PC which can run FS2004 flat out! 😊

Roger