Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Blurry Ground Textures at FL320

I tried a flight from KBNA to KMDW. I noticed when panning around the ground was extremely blurry. Not sure if it's a scenery order problem or something else. Using Ftx global with vector also open lc North America. Rex TD w soft clouds also AS16. Have not updated to 3.4 yet. Using Gtx970 with 4690k.

Kevin Humphryes

I tried a flight from KBNA to KMDW. I noticed when panning around the ground was extremely blurry. Not sure if it's a scenery order problem or something else. Using Ftx global with vector also open lc North America. Rex TD w soft clouds also AS16. Have not updated to 3.4 yet. Using Gtx970 with 4690k.

Go here and delete all the indexes files go into sim and let them rebuild a bit - this may help

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard will try this. Thanks buddy .

Welcome Kevin (my middle name by the way) also if you want to feel comfy in your main sim folder go to orbx folder and go into troubleshooter folder run the migrationtroubleshooter program as admin it will tell you if all went well - seems to be working perfect here - the migration process pretty much seamless now   :wink:

Rich Sennett

A better description of what I am seeing is it looks like I am looking out of the wrong end of a telescope.

Kevin Humphryes

I tried a flight from KBNA to KMDW. I noticed when panning around the ground was extremely blurry.

Which plane?  Aerosoft Airbus?  I've seen the same anomaly with the AS Airbus but never really tracked down a definitive solution.  I recall deleting the Shaders and .cfg file, but the problem would crop up every now and then.

I think that worked Richard.   Thanks!

Glad to hear it - P3D needs some time to settle in also you can add this to your P3D.cfg file if you have a 4 core cpu with HT on

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=85

Just put it at the begining of file sometimes P3D will move it thats fine - glad to hear the good news - also would assume you know how to clear out your shaders - PTA does that for me for instance if I dont want to change my settings you can still apply it again and it will clear them out for you - great program transform P3D

Rich Sennett

Using 4690k with affinity mask of 14.

Affinity mask =14 caused severe blurries on my system. Deleting that entry which was installed by the FSDT add on manager cured the blurries. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310