Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

Hi folks,

Flight1 just released their new GNS 430/530 for FSX & P3D. Has anyone tried it already? I will get me the 530 as soon as i have time for simming again. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thq...

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

:sad: the price is too high.

Yes same price as GTN750/650 but apparently without their hardware support.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Guest Mik75

Very cool, thanks a lot for the HU!

and still no crossfill support!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not sure why anyone would choose the GNS over the GTN. 

Because, at least here in Brazil, including the airplane that i fly that uses GNS530 (A Piper Turbo Arrow or Embraer Corisco Turbo ) it´s a kind of rare equipment, I personally never saw a GTN 750 in ANY aircraft in my life. I have the F1 GTN 750 and totally worth the money, but... In terms of simulating "My reality" i prefer the GNS 530 because this is a popular equip round here at Brazil. 

• Upvote 3

Not sure why anyone would choose the GNS over the GTN. 

A giant step backwards in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A giant step backwards in my opinion

I agree, technologically, but I can see the market. The 530/430 is still popular in GA, and those who would like to simulate a more common platform thaT they would experience IRL might choose the GNS. But for me, after the GTN, there is no going back!

• Upvote 1

Because, at least here in Brazil, including the airplane that i fly that uses GNS530 (A Piper Turbo Arrow or Embraer Corisco Turbo ) it´s a kind of rare equipment, I personally never saw a GTN 750 in ANY aircraft in my life. I have the F1 GTN 750 and totally worth the money, but... In terms of simulating "My reality" i prefer the GNS 530 because this is a popular equip round here at Brazil. 

Agreed in full.

In terms of features? Obviously yes.

In terms of realism and adherence to the real counterpart? I strongly doubt so.

• Upvote 4

It is indeed. But so far I have not encountered an aircraft in real life with a GTN set on board. I have encountered many with a GNS set. In my virtual world I'd like to be able to use aircraft equipped with a GNS 530 and/or 430 as well. Next to the GTN units it gives more variety.

I'll wait before purchasing though to see how these units are picked up by aircraft developers. I'd like seamless integration in my A2A aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It is indeed. But so far I have not encountered an aircraft in real life with a GTN set on board. I have encountered many with a GNS set. In my virtual world I'd like to be able to use aircraft equipped with a GNS 530 and/or 430 as well. Next to the GTN units it gives more variety.

I'll wait before purchasing though to see how these units are picked up by aircraft developers. I'd like seamless integration in my A2A aircraft.

You might be interested in this post.  https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55093#p431148

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks Bob, I am and I have already participated in that thread as you may have noticed. I had expected the new Flight1 GNS units to work as explained in the thread in the A2A forums; when you have selected a Reality XP setup with an A2A aircraft configuration tool the new Flight 1 GNS tool will find this and swap the Reality XP unit for the new Flight1 GNS. However, this will only work with FSX. As a user of the Prepar3D versions of the A2A aircraft I am unable to do this...

And that while in Prepar3D an accurate Garmin GNS simulation was lacking. FSX users now have the option to choose between two! How unfair! :Tounge:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS