Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

Absolutely.  The UI is, indeed, um... unique, but I've spent years using it and having learned to think in Garminese I can get where I want to go quickly these days. 

Not sure why some seem determined to tell some of us we're "wrong" for wanting the 430/530.  I think we all get that the GTN's are in most ways superior, particularly when it comes to the UI, but those of us excited about having a 430/530 option for P3D have solid reasons for going that route.  If someone's not interested in these, well... they're not interested.  But many of us are.

Scott

Good post. And some are just looking to meet realistically that level which would be what they would actually be using if within their budget they would be flying IRL (or still be flying)! 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hmmm... 121 posts and no one has bought it yet...?

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hmmm... 121 posts and no one has bought it yet...?

gb.

I bought the GNS530. As mentioned before it is less advanced and less user friendly than the GTN series. However it is a huge advantage besides the standard GPS of P3D.

For older add on aurcraft that comes with a RXP option it is possible even in P3D to install the GNS into the VC. For ex see Carenado and Alabeo. I installed the F1GNS 530 successfully into the C210, C337 and the old King Air C90B. All aircraft that comes with an RXP option will be compatible with the F1GNS. That gives all P3D pilots a proper GPS in all their older aircraft. I also intgraded the GNS 530 into AS Twin Otter VC. Unfortunately the buttons of the GPS are not all accessible from the VC. All inputs must be made from the 2D pop up.

The only and most painful disadvantage for me fight now is the lack of fsx flightplan import and of course the high price of it.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I bought the GNS530. As mentioned before it is less advanced and less user friendly than the GTN series. However it is a huge advantage besides the standard GPS of P3D.

For older add on aurcraft that comes with a RXP option it is possible even in P3D to install the GNS into the VC. For ex see Carenado and Alabeo. I installed the F1GNS 530 successfully into the C210, C337 and the old King Air C90B. All aircraft that comes with an RXP option will be compatible with the F1GNS. That gives all P3D pilots a proper GPS in all their older aircraft. I also intgraded the GNS 530 into AS Twin Otter VC. Unfortunately the buttons of the GPS are not all accessible from the VC. All inputs must be made from the 2D pop up.

The only and most painful disadvantage for me fight now is the lack of fsx flightplan import and of course the high price of it.

Thank you for sharing this information.

Have you tried to ask this question in the Flight1 forum? Whether it is possible or not to integrate the GNS 530/430 in the VC even in aircraft that do not come with an RXP option? Some people here already answered to me that it is possibile with manual adjustment, yet it is still unclear whether 3D knobs will work or not.

I read that Flight1 is already working to an update, but maybe Bert may have one of his brilliant ideas here...

Thank you for sharing this information.

Have you tried to ask this question in the Flight1 forum? Whether it is possible or not to integrate the GNS 530/430 in the VC even in aircraft that do not come with an RXP option? Some people here already answered to me that it is possibile with manual adjustment, yet it is still unclear whether 3D knobs will work or not.

I read that Flight1 is already working to an update, but maybe Bert may have one of his brilliant ideas here...

I already asked over in the F1 forums. Concerning the Twin Otter it is up to Aerosoft to make the plane GNS/GTN compatible. IMH the GNS fits perfectly into the Twin Otter. If one can live without the VC button support this is the best GPS option for the Twotter.

As for now the Twin Otter is the only aircraft i installed the GNS. See here

screenshot.67.jpg

And if you like to give it a go. Here is my panel entry.

gauge10=F1GNS!GNS530, -79,-17, 490, 350, UNIT1.vc

• Upvote 1

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

That is assuming you are not bothered by part of the bezel intruding onto the DME radio below..

We went through this during the early Twotter / RXP GNS days.

Aerosoft could easily adjust this, but have decided against spending the time.

...Whether it is possible or not to integrate the GNS 530/430 in the VC even in aircraft that do not come with an RXP option? Some people here already answered to me that it is possibile with manual adjustment, yet it is still unclear whether 3D knobs will work or not.

I think that it is no different than attempting to position an RXP GNS into the panel in FSX.

What Flight1 are providing, is support for FSX-SE and P3D,  which RXP have not done.

Bert

That is assuming you are not bothered by part of the bezel intruding onto the DME radio below..

We went through this during the early Twotter / RXP GNS days.

Aerosoft could easily adjust this, but have decided against spending the time.

I think that it is no different than attempting to position an RXP GNS into the panel in FSX.

What Flight1 are providing, is support for FSX-SE and P3D,  which RXP have not done.

I would pay for an expansion if Aerosoft put in GTN/GNS compatibility. But they are hostile on their forums to any suggestions.

I would pay for an expansion if Aerosoft put in GTN/GNS compatibility. But they are hostile on their forums to any suggestions.

That is the biggest disadvantage oh Aerosoft products. I like them alot but their update policy is kinda bad.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

$64.95 each and crossfill will be available for an additional cost in the future (not implemented YET)?!? A little too much. I don't doubt that it's a great product but almost $130 is not very attractive.

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

$64.95 each and crossfill will be available for an additional cost in the future (not implemented YET)?!? A little too much. I don't doubt that it's a great product but almost $130 is not very attractive.

Not cheap indeed. Reality XP isn't either. For both GNS units with the cross fill option I paid $199.85 a couple of years ago. I definitely hope RXP will offer an upgrade pricing strategy for the forthcoming release of their GNS software for Prepar3D. I'll follow that route then, hoping I'll save some money compared to going the Flight1 route.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

The only and most painful disadvantage for me fight now is the lack of fsx flightplan import

Flight plan input is how it's done in the real world. Flight plans are stored in Garmin format in the Trainer so import is not possible.

Simmers demand realism, so that's realism for you.

David Porrett

Flight plan input is how it's done in the real world. Flight plans are stored in Garmin format in the Trainer so import is not possible.

Simmers demand realism, so that's realism for you.

Agree.  Fortunately there are many trips repeated in GA as well as big iron and you can store and retrieve plans so routes you fly often are only entered once.  Even IFR, my trips between home and Dallas are always the same.  As for VFR, just go straight line most of the time unless there is a Class B or restricted airspace along the way.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes and no.  The GNS series doesn't allow for airway entry... while most FMS's do.  However, that's what I love about the GTN series - you can load airways.  In the real 530/430 I'd say it's a little easier because of the fact that you can use your fingers.  But the the GNS is the toughest, then the GTN, then the FMS (and usually you can load FMS routes in the sim).

If you're doing NAT and all that stuff over the ocean, then yea, I suppose it would be easier to program a short route in a GTN/GNS.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |