Sign in to follow this  
tamba765

Virtuali Addon Manager uninstall

While installing a program, I must have also unknowingly installed Virtuali addon manager 3.0.0.17. I don't want this addon, but I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't show up in the program list, so I can't uninstall it using the control panel. It must be piggy backing on some other program I installed. It shows up under the addon drop down list on FSX. So far I've been unsuccessful trying to locate it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Its part of FSDT's airport sceneries and is required to run their sceneries. Its installed when you install a FSDT (some others too IE: Flightbeam) airport scenery. You can remove it by uninstalling a FSDT scenery. During the uninstall it will ask if you want to remove the ADDON MANAGER and the COUATL ENGINE. But if uninstalled and you have FSDT sceneries installed they will no longer work. The ADDON MANAGER is also used by Flightbeam's sceneries. A few other products also use the ADDON MANAGER.

Hope this helps,

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

The only airport sceneries I have are freeware sceneries from Flight Sim.com. What are FSDT sceneries? I'm showing my ignorance with this question, I guess.

Pete Locascio

Ok, thanks for your response, but I don't have any of that scenery on my machine. I tried googling how to remove it, but you have to download removal software, which I will not do. The only product I have that is on the publisher list is the quality wings 757. I'll try to uninstall it and see what happens. Thanks.

I removed the QW 757 and was then able to delete the addon manager. Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Pete, 

FSDT sceneries was the most likely reason for the ADDON MANAGER but yes as you found out the QW 757 also uses the ADDON MANAGER.  

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams