Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Rebuilding FS9

A number of my scenery folders are corrupted and I need to rebuild FS9. What are the common traps, mistakes, or errors that I need to watch for when I rebuild.Tom

Guest quiet1

After you get that far , I normally just reinstall fs9. It seems for some darn reason once you get a couple folders messed up its a horrid disaster to get it to ever function as the day you installed it. Plus everytime I reinstall FS9 about 2 times a year it just performs so so nicely

Quiet1 is so right. I have spent months trying to get FS9 stable when the scenery files got messed up, however, unless you get real lucky,you will spend more time getting frustrated than enjoying a flight.You will be praying to the sim gods...please don't crash,please don't crash,please don't crash,please don't crash, and by the time you think all is well, and say to yourself, gee, Ithink I finally fixed it...CTD:-mad Good luck. Best regards, JeffEdit: If you should decide to rebuild the fs9cfg, I have learned not to over tweek it. You will get much better performance leaving alot of it alone. Unless you have a high power rig that is. I only changed my multi bandwidth to 200 , pan rate to 800, and added a line to remove the brakes message on screen. Look under tips and tricks, fs9 care and maintainence. Also, most things added should be put at the bottom, as not to mess up anything. Let the cfg file put it in the proper place. This is covered on the tips and tricks.