Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

Best ATC to use with Prepar3d v3.3/v3.4

What ATC Addon do you use in P3D? I already tried the trial version of VoxATC, but it didn't work. I got error messages like "FATAL ERROR. Please restart", etc.

Does anyone know how to fix these errors or do you have any recommendations for other products?

Thanks in advance

Flugsimulatorpilot

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Pro-ATC/X

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Does anyone know how to fix these errors or do you have any recommendations for other products?

Vox ATC is not compatible with P3D v3. Some folks have been able to get it to work with the migrator tool. I'm currently using Pilot2ATC which is a voice control program like VOX. It has a trial period.

NAX669.png

I used Pro ATC X, and was even a beta tester for awhile, but flying almost all the time in GA aircraft, now, I find PF3 is really good, add's variety to the ATC, and works very well for both IFR and VFR flying. They have a free demo, which is what made me try it. The downside to the demo is that there are only a few voices with the demo, versus 140 voices when you purchase the program, and the demo voices aren't nearly as good as the voices you get when you purchase the program. http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_details.htm

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Pro-ATC will soon have a new release. Also, you may consider Vatsim

Peter

Radar Contact v4.3 http://www.jdtllc.com/

It may be old but it works remarkably well either on your P3D PC or via WideFS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

+1 Radar Contact v4.3.  Oldie but goodie!

I also use PF3.  It has more options regarding setting up SIDs and STARs with altitude restrictions you can specify to match the charts.

I like them both.  Although, I have been using RC4 a bit more often as of late.

Anyway, you have several great options. 

Best wishes on your decision(s).

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Radar Contact v4.3 http://www.jdtllc.com/

It may be old but it works remarkably well either on your P3D PC or via WideFS.

+1 Works great for me.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

+ Radar Contact  V4.3 with MeatWater VocPack

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Have all the ATC addons mentioned. The development of VOX has stopped at the present time, so would avoid that. PF3 is the most immersive, and developer offers great support, and updated in a timely manner.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have all the ATC addons mentioned. The development of VOX has stopped at the present time, so would avoid that. PF3 is the most immersive, and developer offers great support, and updated in a timely manner.

That is my impression of PF3 also, I had a couple of issues in the very beginning, mostly due to pilot error, and posting on their forum, I would get a reply the next morning. Great support, and I believe it is due for an update before the end of the month. The immersion is what I like about it the most, feels like flying in the real world. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That is my impression of PF3 also, I had a couple of issues in the very beginning, mostly due to pilot error, and posting on their forum, I would get a reply the next morning. Great support, and I believe it is due for an update before the end of the month. The immersion is what I like about it the most, feels like flying in the real world. 

Spot on Bob. It is the immersion that we strive for, and PF3 does that.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Having trouble getting my RC4 working with P3D. Are there instructions for such please?

spacer.png