Sign in to follow this  

ChasePlane

Hi Keven,

Great presentation on your new product, definitely a must buy for me when released.

My only feature request that would make ChasePlane that much more useful is the ability to record/playback (not video but simconnect event stream) similar to what FSRecorder (now very dated and doesn't always work well in P3D) and/or P3D Instant Replay can do.  Camera/View use would be very difficult to operate/manage in "realtime" during some phases of flight like takeoff and landing.

FSRecorder has some drawbacks, only an older version works in P3D and it's temperamental.

P3D built in Instant Replay suffers many of the same problems as FSX Instant Replay ... can't see Airports from FSDT/FB (Virtuali) suite of products and a case of Jitters and low resolution capture of SimConnect events.  Since your Chaseplane product runs external on it's on CPU core and use SimConnect, seems like a good fit for recording SimConnect events for playback.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I noted your request.

It will be answered among many other questions on Saturday's OVPA stream.

Thanks for giving..... your point of view!

Regards,

Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin,

Great product.

However, going through an on-screen menu to shift between let's say cockpit views isn't as easy as what we have now with the product we all use (...).

Therefore, will it be possible to shift between views assigning joystick buttons ?  without having a single ChasePlane window showing on the screen to keep the flight sim visually "clean" 

thanks

Greg

too much, too soon....

Hi Kevin,

Great product.

However, going through an on-screen menu to shift between let's say cockpit views isn't as easy as what we have now with the product we all use (...).

Therefore, will it be possible to shift between views assigning joystick buttons ?  without having a single ChasePlane window showing on the screen to keep the flight sim visually "clean" 

thanks

Greg

Answer: http://www.avsim.com/topic/494738-fsfx-new-view-announcment/?p=3485088

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Excellent looking product,

I noticed camera shake, but I didn't notice aircraft movement x,y,z (as tho you were flying along side). 

Something like this ... https://youtu.be/CUWCBcbgaBo

or this ...  https://youtu.be/qEguBrT0dEE

Did I miss something in the demo?

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

It would be great if Rob's feature request could make it into the final product. It looks great.

Hi Keven,

Great presentation on your new product, definitely a must buy for me when released.

My only feature request that would make ChasePlane that much more useful is the ability to record/playback (not video but simconnect event stream) similar to what FSRecorder (now very dated and doesn't always work well in P3D) and/or P3D Instant Replay can do.  Camera/View use would be very difficult to operate/manage in "realtime" during some phases of flight like takeoff and landing.

FSRecorder has some drawbacks, only an older version works in P3D and it's temperamental.

P3D built in Instant Replay suffers many of the same problems as FSX Instant Replay ... can't see Airports from FSDT/FB (Virtuali) suite of products and a case of Jitters and low resolution capture of SimConnect events.  Since your Chaseplane product runs external on it's on CPU core and use SimConnect, seems like a good fit for recording SimConnect events for playback.

Cheers, Rob.

I concur.... I was about to post the same request. This is much needed.

Bilal Asif Khan

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is answered, but does chaseplane solve the biggest problem EZDok has specially with large aircraft's where the camera moves around during turns on ground and in the air?This became a bit of a problem specially once PMDG released the 777 and was very noticeable and is really annoying that we need to keep resetting our views.

I hope chaseplane eliminates this problem for good

Thanks

Aaqib Afzal

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is answered, but does chaseplane solve the biggest problem EZDok has specially with large aircraft's where the camera moves around during turns on ground and in the air?This became a bit of a problem specially once PMDG released the 777 and was very noticeable and is really annoying that we need to keep resetting our views.

I hope chaseplane eliminates this problem for good

Thanks

This has been solved by LM in P3D V3 so I suspect its an underlying issue... go bug Dovetail for FS:SE to be fixed for it ;)

Keven, this sounds fantastic, looking forward to ditching my buggy old camera software.  Two suggestions:

1)  How about a delay built into chase view?  When following another aircraft you don't instantly bank as you follow, there's a momentary pause before you wind on some aileron.  Make it user variable so that the delay can be tuned to suit the chase aircraft.  You would want a short delay for P-51 following P-51 for example but much longer with a cub or heavy iron.  Add a small random element to the delay and with the smoothness you have shown in the vids I've seen it could look very natural.

2) Fly-by.  I'm expecting this anyhow, one of my biggest annoyances when using queasy frog is that despite assigning views to my stick, I have to reach over to my mouse and bring up a menu to select it.

Regards, Mark

• Upvote 1