Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Ventura Sky 1.0 released for X-Plane 10.50!

I'd like to thank everyone here in the forum for the participation in the Beta process, especially early on when Ventura Sky was still complicated to install. A few features suggested by you made it into the 1.0 release. If you're using Ventura Sky, please spread the word! I have no commercial interest with Ventura Sky whatsoever, I started out to write this only for me, but it turned out to be a great opportunity to contribute something to the community.

Excerpt from venturasky.com:

"Ventura Sky is a free add-on to modify atmosphere rendering in X-Plane 10.50 by Laminar Research, addressing some of the most criticized aspects of X-Plane’s visuals and weather depiction. It exclusively works with real weather provided by the NOAA weather plug-in by Joan Perez i Cauhé. The main features are smooth shifts between live METAR visibility values, a visibility limit catering to aesthetics and performance as well as a color calibrated atmosphere with improved and dynamic atmospheric effects. All that in a hassle and configuration free package: a FlyWithLua script and a sky color set, drop the files in place and get flying instantly."

• Upvote 14

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Awesome!!!

Brilliant work Rob, thanks for sharing your time and work with us. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Great tool. However, with the latest version of the script (1.0) I get a lua error (compare number by nil) and lua crashes. This did not happen with beta 3. Is there still something that needs to be manually modified in the script?

Hans

Thank you for this script. :smile: I get the same error as hjsmuc though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thank you for this script. :smile: I get the same error as hjsmuc though.

Great tool. However, with the latest version of the script (1.0) I get a lua error (compare number by nil) and lua crashes. This did not happen with beta 3. Is there still something that needs to be manually modified in the script?

This only happens when you reload the script within the first 20 seconds after your flight starts, when VS is still initializing in the background. No reload is required.

Please also remember to update NOAA to 2.3.0!

-

Thanks Rob, didn't realize that NOAA had been updated. All fine now. 

Hans

Great script, it looks awesome. But...  There is some way to show clouds for those who haven't got SkyMaxx and RWC? That would be great :smile:

i3-12100F - 32GB RAM DDR5 - GTX 1660 Super - LG Ultrawide 29'' 2560 x 1080. Windows 10 Home.

MSFS 2020. Aircraft: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Asobo ATR 42/72, FBW A32NX, Just Flight Turbo Arrow.

A Great GIFT!  Thank you !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you so much for amazing plugin!

Any plans for visual tables for tweaks (like RTH window for x-plane) ?  :good: 

Maybe yes - but on the other hand, I think a no-fuss solution as it is now has advantages too. People with RTH that didn't know what they were doing ended up with a pretty bad looking sim.

Great script, it looks awesome. But...  There is some way to show clouds for those who haven't got SkyMaxx and RWC? That would be great :smile:

Not at the moment, there's some hard coded behavior in X-Plane that won't allow it.

-

Thanks a lot Rob for taking the time to do this!  It's a really nice enhancement.

-- Greg

Found a nasty bug when, under certain circumstances, the METAR visibility wouldn't deploy when re-entering 8.000ft. Better get 1.1!

-