Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Ventura Sky 1.0 released for X-Plane 10.50!

Guest jlindbe

Mitch - Can you repost screenshots of your plugin folder and flyeithlua folder?

Have you tried the auto installer that is in Joan's NOAA documentation?

Don't give up hope we'll get it to work. From my experience it's worth it.

Thank you all...very much...I got it working!

The problem all along, was that I was loading in the 32 bit Python version, because I was reading that it made no difference, and that was the 'better' one to load in...less footprint.  

Well....I found, and loaded in the v2-7 64 bit version of Python.

Crossed my finger and hoped for this last 'Hail Mary'.   Success!   Everything in the drop downs are there.   So if anybody else has had any problems...you need to run absolutely, the 64 bit Python, on a 64 bit system, or running a 64 bit program like XP 10:50.  

Lord, I was no ditz...and was getting SO frustrated, for I knew my XP installation for VS was properly installed.

Happy Dance...and now to see what the hub-bub is all about.

Mitch - Can you repost screenshots of your plugin folder and flyeithlua folder?

Have you tried the auto installer that is in Joan's NOAA documentation?

Don't give up hope we'll get it to work. From my experience it's worth it.

...thank you for sticking in there with me!  It was that I needed the 64 bit version of Python...whereby I had the 32 bit version.

Working fine now...all drop downs are there.  :)

Good job.  I forgot about that...I actually had the same problem when I tried to get it all working.

Good job.  I forgot about that...I actually had the same problem when I tried to get it all working.

Got it all working...and very nice...thanks for all your help.

Found the VS manual and set Real World Weather to 'Always'.  :)

Did you install Python to your operating system before installing the Python Interface?

If no, I ask myself, why you don't follow the god damned manual?

It was a 32 bit Python...installed the 64, and all is good.

It looks great...and thank you for this...a wonderful contribution to XP.  Thank's again!

Wow,

Eclipse_36.png

Mitch

Wow,

not sure about this review. Your usually much more detailed about this. kind of bummed about this wow now xD

not sure about this review. Your usually much more detailed about this. kind of bummed about this wow now xD

...actually, I'm on a flight right now with the **working** VS 1.2 from CYTZ-KMYR at 15,000 ASL.

I have never had NOAA calling the metric shots, but only the XP in-house download.  Well...NOAA blows the in-house outta the water.  Very much enjoying the visuals. They are stunners as they update along the flight path.  Well worth getting Ventura Sky 1.2  up and running.  I would have been in under 15 minutes, if I would have had the Python 64 bit installed. All else was correct...but that is cloud vapor past the trailing edge...

Cheers,

Ses

Just turned the Extended to 24nm....looks better than ever! :)

Use the Python GUI Idle software as the **editor**.   Make sure you press SAVE after you replace the 0 with a 1, in the VS 1.2 LUA script.

Or use Notepad ++

:)

Also NOAA is IMO the best weather injector still available for XP. The combination seems perfect :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Also NOAA is IMO the best weather injector still available for XP. The combination seems perfect :-)

After using it...I'd agree.

Just turned the Extended to 24nm....looks better than ever! :)

Use the Python GUI Idle software as the **editor**. Make sure you press SAVE after you replace the 0 with a 1, in the VS 1.2 LUA script.

Or use Notepad ++

:)

Glad you finally got it working! Python can be unnerving, but once it's up and running, it's invisible.

NOAA is a great piece of software, many have yet to realize that. It's free! The only thing that bugged me was the hard switch of visibilities, my main trigger for creating Ventura Sky.

I think the best part is that when you have NOAA, SMP, RWC and VS, you never have to fiddle with weather settings ect. again - load up your flight and weather is just there instantly.

So while the initial work to set it all up is scaring some, once it's all running, it's completely hassle free.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Glad you finally got it working! Python can be unnerving, but once it's up and running, it's invisible.

NOAA is a great piece of software, many have yet to realize that. It's free! The only thing that bugged me was the hard switch of visibilities, my main trigger for creating Ventura Sky.

I think the best part is that when you have NOAA, SMP, RWC and VS, you never have to fiddle with weather settings ect. again - load up your flight and weather is just there instantly.

So while the initial work to set it all up is scaring some, once it's all running, it's completely hassle free.

I can't remember, will have to go back to see if your manual stated that you need the 64 bit Python to install.  I read on a couple of Python sites that it didn't matter, and that the 32 bit version was recommended in that the O.S. has an emulator and will run the solution for you.  Yeah...right...not.  That was my only problem. Not in how I installed any of the required files, etc.  What a bummer, I had all that angst, only because XP (64 bit) needed to call also, Python as 64 bit.  You might want to add that requirement into a revised Ventura Sky installation manual.  Having never used Python, it truly didn't ever naturally occur to me, to first seek out a 64 bit solution.

If that requirement to run Python in XP 64 bit was there....then I need to book an eye appointment....or drink that second cup of coffee, LOLOLOL!

BTW,  EVERYBODY should be running to have NOAA as the weather driver....jeez.. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Thanks, once more  :good:

If that requirement to run Python in XP 64 bit was there....then I need to book an eye appointment....or drink that second cup of coffee, LOLOLOL!

I updated the guide to give your journey some meaning.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I updated the guide to give your journey some meaning.

LOLOLOL.   Thanks...all in the rear-view mirror, LOL

Cheers,

Mitch

I've got everything set up. I'm just wondering, do I have to use the Ventura Sky colours or is it possible to use a SMP set?