Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Ventura Sky 1.0 released for X-Plane 10.50!

Great job frontendrop.  :smile:

I have some questions:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1

How do I reduce the "white fog band" at medium-high altitude?

image.jpg

This is the result that I would get:

plane.jpg

What parameters I have to change in the script?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 2

In my observations (real) I verified that during sunrise and sunset the atmosphere and terrain does not always turn red or orange.

Terrain and montains remain blue.

QvmdqO1.jpg

DSCF2950.jpg

before using Ventura... I have conducted some experiments with RTH when the Sun is low (sunrise and sunset), and I found that x-plane default without RTH generates more realistic horizon.

Observe:

RTH on = purple horizon terrain and mountain = little real

pxT0Ci6.jpg

RTH off = blue horizon terrain and mountain = more real 

t5ISJtI.jpg

RTH on = brown horizon terrain and mountain = little real

WTnyAcJ.jpg

RTH off = blue horizon terrain and mountain = more real 

Pd6RZ6K.jpg

My question is simple: Is possibile disable Ventura art control only in the sunrise and sunset phases?

Is possibile leave at x-plane default engine the total control of sunrise and sunset to prevent potential "martian colors" on terrain and mountains?

thank you so much  :wink:

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Open the script with a code editor (Notepad++ for example). Note that all variables get set twice, once for reference mode, once for extended mode. Decide which mode you'd like to edit. For reference mode, look for lines 38 and 39:

scattering_loalt_day = 10
raleigh_blue_loalt_day = 25

The first one sets the white haze, the second one colors it blue. If you remove white haze, blue will go away too, so best is to just the second value, adding more blue. Try 30, 35, 40 ect. My values are tweaked to work in all situations (time, altitude), so you risk throwing off the balance when adding more blue.

EDIT: These variables only apply to low alt (below 10k feet), look for lines 43 and 44 for hialt.

My question is simple: Is possibile disable Ventura art control only in the sunrise and sunset phases?

For reference mode, look at line 53:

raleigh_red_loalt_sunset = 10

Try 5 or 0 to get less red or remove it entirely.

That should do it.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Hi Joan,

with v2.4.0 I'm always getting clear skies when on ground.

Using SMP+RWC+NOAA+Ventura Sky (on XP10.51r2).

By removing the NOAA plugin clouds pop in regularly.

Log attached.

Thanks.

20161023_131045Zdump.txt

Hi crisk,

There's something wrong with your configuration. I thing that in your setup is RWC who has to set the clouds cause ventura sky overrides NOAA ones to draw its magic. Please contact Ventura Sky developer for further help. I don't use any of those other plugins so I can't tell-you more.

Joan.

Is this possible? I'm currently flying over France where the weather is bad and the skies should be full of clouds, but I see none. 

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

As clouds are set by RWC when set to "Always", if you're having issues (i.e. no clouds), it's RWC (maybe MAXX_METAR.wrx failed to download?). Ventura Sky only disables NOAA plug-in's ability to set clouds, nothing else in terms of clouds. Remember that METAR data for NOAA and RWC aren't always in sync.

-

It seems this issue is due to the new NOAA 2.4 release and its updating of the METAR.rwx file every minute. RWC sees that this data is being updated more frequently than its own and so uses it even if "always" mode is on. When it reads METAR.rwx however, it seems to contain incomplete information.

I'd stick with NOAA 2.3 if you're using it with RWC for now.

More details at http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11765-skymaxx-rwc-noaa-ventura-sky/?do=findComment&comment=112475

Joan managed to fixed the problem and will be included in the 2.4.1.

• Upvote 1

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

@frontendrob I really love what you've done with Ventura Sky. I'm back to default clouds and got your script working by disabling a few lines in your code. Skymaxx hasn't been that very convincing to me so far. 

One thing that had annoyed the living daylights out of me was the white out in cloud effect when going through cloud layers. I managed to fix it with a script I wrote and thought it would be useful to share here (I might put it on the .org as well). I got inspiration from the algorithm in RTH and improved upon it. It essentially disables the effect when passing through clouds and re-enables it when out to allow visibility changes to happen.

--Only works when aircraft is in flight. Does not work in free camera mode.function cld_whiteout()	--Cloud offset from aircraft	cld_offset = 0	--Get current cloud heights and coverages	cb0=get("sim/weather/cloud_base_msl_m[0]")	cb1=get("sim/weather/cloud_base_msl_m[1]")	cb2=get("sim/weather/cloud_base_msl_m[2]")	ct0=get("sim/weather/cloud_tops_msl_m[0]")	ct1=get("sim/weather/cloud_tops_msl_m[1]")	ct2=get("sim/weather/cloud_tops_msl_m[2]")	cc0=get("sim/weather/cloud_coverage[0]")	cc1=get("sim/weather/cloud_coverage[1]")	cc2=get("sim/weather/cloud_coverage[2]")	--Get current aircraft altitude in meters	alt=get("sim/flightmodel/position/elevation")			--Disable white out flag when aircraft enters clouds	if (alt >= (cb0-cld_offset)) and (alt <= (ct0+cld_offset)) and cc0 ~= 0 then		wo_flag = 0		set("sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds", wo_flag)	elseif (alt >= (cb1-cld_offset)) and (alt <= (ct1+cld_offset)) and cc0 ~= 0 then		wo_flag = 0		set("sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds", wo_flag)	elseif (alt >= (cb2-cld_offset)) and (alt <= (ct2+cld_offset)) and cc0 ~= 0 then		wo_flag = 0		set("sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds", wo_flag)	else		--Enable white out flag when aircraft not in clouds to allow visibility changes		wo_flag = 1		set("sim/private/controls/skyc/white_out_in_clouds", wo_flag)	end	enddo_often("cld_whiteout()")

It only works when the aircraft is in flight, so the effect is still there if you change to free camera mode (if there's a dataref for altitude in free camera mode I could fix it). Just copy and paste the code as save as a .lua file.

• Upvote 1

Great job frontendrop.  :smile:

I have some questions:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1

image.jpg

Try this setting: set("sim/private/controls/planet/kill_hi", 0)

"Try this setting: set("sim/private/controls/planet/kill_hi", 0)"

Hello,

where is number line in the script where I could modify?

Thanks.

Alessandro

Noticed something that seems to be a VS 1.2 bug. Depending on the sun angle, I will get a alternating in the hue/tint of the sky and ground every 1-2 seconds. It's extremely annoying but stops as soon as I disable FWL.

Noticed something that seems to be a VS 1.2 bug. Depending on the sun angle, I will get a alternating in the hue/tint of the sky and ground every 1-2 seconds. It's extremely annoying but stops as soon as I disable FWL.

Are you sure you don't have interfering LUA scripts? Under what settings can you reporduce this? (Airport, Time ect.)

-

So I've been doing some tests for the last few days flying with the NOAA plugin on and off. What I found is that flying without the NOAA plugin gives me much better framerate and 0 stuttering. It brings clouds redrawing to a minimum and even when it happens it's so quick and consistent that you don't even notice. The only problem I have now is that V/S doesn't work :sad:

Can I make it compatible somehow or is the code build in a way that it requires too much work?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Are you sure you don't have interfering LUA scripts? Under what settings can you reporduce this? (Airport, Time ect.)

Anywhere as long as it's around sunset or sunrise. I'll make a quick video.

EDIT: here you go:

Need anything else?