Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Ventura Sky 1.0 released for X-Plane 10.50!

I'm in the process of installing this product.  I have never used the NOAA weather injector by Joan before, and am about to install it when I saw that the Python interface is required.  I'm on a Mac, does that still apply?  I went to the linked site on the NOAA injector doc to get the Python interface,  but got really confused when I got to that site-  can anyone help me with exactly what I need (if anything) as far as Python is concerned?

Thanks-  Bruce.

The site is indeed confusing, but the plug-in is there, keep looking.

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/python_interface_latest_downloads.htm

I'm in the process of installing this product. I have never used the NOAA weather injector by Joan before, and am about to install it when I saw that the Python interface is required. I'm on a Mac, does that still apply? I went to the linked site on the NOAA injector doc to get the Python interface, but got really confused when I got to that site- can anyone help me with exactly what I need (if anything) as far as Python is concerned?

Thanks- Bruce.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Bruce, the NOAA Plugin is the best thing you can have to aid X-Plane with weather!

Hope you enjoy the results :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Im not getting this to work at all no matter what I do (tried the installer as well). I have Python up and running but the pythoninterface never turns up in the plugins dropdown menu.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I couldn't also get the latest version of Ventura to work at all.

There were never no clouds. NOAA latest version was working, as well as SMP and RWC. Everything was fine, the console reported the visibility data in use by Ventura, but I could never see any clouds, even with reports of various cloud layers in the NOAA plugin interface.

I did have "Always" ticked in RWC.

But in the beta runs I tested it worked fine, and I really liked what I saw - gives me some hopes for XP11, should LR pay attention to what frontedrob did ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

There were never no clouds. NOAA latest version was working, as well as SMP and RWC. Everything was fine, the console reported the visibility data in use by Ventura, but I could never see any clouds, even with reports of various cloud layers in the NOAA plugin interface.

But in the beta runs I tested it worked fine, and I really liked what I saw - gives me some hopes for XP11, should LR pay attention to what frontedrob did ...

I gave up. I wonder if there can be som conflict with another plugin but frankly I am too lazy right now to figure it out. Another time maybe.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I don't use any other plugins. Just FlyWithLUA ( required ), SMP and RWC, and the Python Interface and NOAA latest version plugin.

My various atempts with the latest version, even when several cloud layers were being reported in the NOAA plugin interface, showed absolutely no clouds. I waited to see if it was a question of ( refresh ) time, but Nada! Ther can even be rain, but no clouds at all for me :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Hello,

i'm using last version and seems to be working fine but i've, however, a question.

I see clouds and consolle message about visibility but if a go into weathe tab of xplane, the weather is ever set all clear.

Is it normal? 

Im not getting this to work at all no matter what I do (tried the installer as well). I have Python up and running but the pythoninterface never turns up in the plugins dropdown menu.

If you're on Windows, try the "Win Net Install" of all needed components that Joan offers. Remove what you previously had installed before you do it.

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgfs-noaa-weather

I think Ventura works fine (if you get no error in the console). If SMP + RWC are not drawing clouds, maybe it's a temporary issue with their METAR download. Take note that the layers reported in NOAA have don't tell SMP + RWC anything, because RWC downloads its own METAR file (in the best case they match, if the METAR data is identical). Check the MAXX_METAR.wrx in your X-Plane folder... is it empty maybe?

Hello,

i'm using last version and seems to be working fine but i've, however, a question.

I see clouds and consolle message about visibility but if a go into weathe tab of xplane, the weather is ever set all clear.

Is it normal? 

That's totally normal, X-Plane doesn't know at all what SMP + RWC are doing. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I'm just about to install Python, then the Python interface. I have the Mac installer for Python, it wants to know where to install Python to (the default is the "Mac HD"). Do I just go ahead and do the vanilla install of Python, or should I be installing it in my X-Plane folder?

I believe Joan gives instructions of whereto install the Python interface after I get Python installed...

Thanks for the help, Bruce.

If you're on Windows, try the "Win Net Install" of all needed components that Joan offers. Remove what you previously had installed before you do it.

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgfs-noaa-weather

Tried that as well. Still a no-go. Really odd.

Richard

Please disregard, I don;t think I have the problem that I thought I did.....

What I see is actually overcast with almost no visibility at first (which I thought was "real weather", until I just tried my home airport that is clear with a few broken clouds, and still go the overcast with no vis).  Then, a few minutes later (at my home airport again), I got the broken clouds-  so I think it's working OK.  I will try some more...

Thanks,  Bruce.

That's actually what ended up happening to me Bruce, in my last install - Windows 10 here.

Apparently you have followed all steps to the line, and it should be working. You can probably even enable the console output as per the Ventura instructions and watch it tuning the visibility.

My RWC menu, through the SMP menu, was also set to the middle option- "Always".

Clouds simply go away after a few seconds. Rain persisted if it was raining though...

Main Simulation Rig:

Thanks jcomm,

I think it's OK now- (see my modified post above).  I was at an airport not close to me and thought when it load the no visibility that this was real weather- seems to be some kind of "initialization"?  

I will try some more, but I think it's working now.....

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!