Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Problem in the Alps

Hi,I was flying in the Alps and as I gained height I was disappointed to see these lines criss-crossing the mountain scenery. Does anyone know what could be causing them and what I have to do to get rid of them?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133023.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133024.jpgI have Roads and Rivers of Europe installed, but it doesn't seem to matter whether it is active or not - these lines are still present.Thanks.Mike

"I have Roads and Rivers of Europe installed,"...plus FScene Europe and Lago's Terramesh.Mike

Hi James,I appreciate your help with this. Joachim's patch has worked a treat. I do most of my flying either in the States or the UK which probably explains why I never noticed this before.Thanks again and many thanks also to Joachim Buhre.Mike :-wave

Is there a readme in english?Its just in german when i take a peak at this.I ocasionally see a line or two in between LOD cells but they go away really quick as I approach. I dont think this is the same issue although it might be related.Any info anyone can give on what that fix does would be appreciated.Thanks,Hornit

Phew...he goes into great depths explaining how texture placement in FS is controlledBasically if you use add-on textures and not the default ones you'll get visual anomalies like the ones shown in the screenshots.(the yellow pointers show that the forrests don't line up correctly with the fields when FScene is used)He found out that this is controlled by the controller files which are named 004b2m15.BMP for example, but are actually not a bitmap file.He hacked the code, found out how it works and fixed it in a way so that the anomalies shown vanish.Simply replace the ones in your C:FS2004SceneryWorldtexture folder.

Guest vas_yan

I am bumping this because It is a good find. Both patches work in a very positive way. Perhaps this belongs to a FAQ.