Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Ventura Sky for X-Plane 10.50

Excerpt from venturasky.com:

"Ventura Sky is a free add-on to modify atmosphere rendering in X-Plane 10.50 by Laminar Research, addressing some of the most criticized aspects of X-Plane’s visuals and weather depiction. It exclusively works with real weather provided by the NOAA weather plug-in by Joan Perez i Cauhé. The main features are smooth shifts between live METAR visibility values, a visibility limit catering to aesthetics and performance as well as a color calibrated atmosphere with improved and dynamic atmospheric effects. All that in a hassle and configuration free package: a FlyWithLua script and a sky color set, drop the files in place and get flying instantly."

03.png

02.png

01.png

01.png

03.png

02.png

01.png

01.png

03.png

01.png

• Upvote 5

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Nice pictures 

Excuse the question.....

I fly X-plane sometimes,  when i do i use Real Terra Haze.   I see from your fourth picture down it has that RTH look about it.  Are you using RTH as well ?  Or does Venture Sky have an option for that.

I could never get my head around the RTH settings,  Could never figure out what to pick  

Brilliant Atmosphere 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice pictures 

Excuse the question.....

I fly X-plane sometimes,  when i do i use Real Terra Haze.   I see from your fourth picture down it has that RTH look about it.  Are you using RTH as well ?  Or does Venture Sky have an option for that.

I could never get my head around the RTH settings,  Could never figure out what to pick

It replaces RTH, they're not compatible.

-

Sold!

Looks more realistic than RTH in my opinion. Does it function with SkyMaxx Pro v3?

• Upvote 1

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Looking great!

Beautiful.

nebojsa

Thanks guys!

-

I am really enjoying this plug-in! 

Having flown with RTH (which I thought was immersive), this is even more-so.

Love that visibility increases automatically, and smoothly as you gain altitude.  Makes tubeliner flying much more satisfying overall!

Bill

KGSP

Love that visibility increases automatically, and smoothly as you gain altitude.  Makes tubeliner flying much more satisfying overall!

Thanks Bill, IFR flights is what this was created for!

-

Not sure if its to do with Ventura Sky or not but I thought I might just post this here...since installing the plugin, my screen has been flashing yellow for a second every 10 minutes or so. Not sure whats up, haven't seen it before and I have flown today before installing Ventura.