Sign in to follow this  
VPA481

Moving Operation Center

Hi Gentlemen,

I got 2 physical HD on my PC. Operation Center is currently on C:/, and I need to move it to D:/, due to HD space problem. A solution would be to buy a bigger HD, but for different reasons, this won't be the choice.

I tried to find a step-by-step procedure to move or uninstall/reinstall OC, but whith no success.

Would someone be kind to give me the right way ?

thanks in advance, have a nice day.

Would someone be kind to give me the right way ?

The Ops Center should be left on your main OS hard drive, but I believe it's self-contained, so it is one of those rare cases where you might be able to move the whole folder without issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer, any feedback of someone who tried before so I can avoid any disaster ?

The folder with all modules and manual is only 58MB..., if your space is so tight that you are down to looking for savings at the 100MB level then you are in real trouble.  Temporary internet files will take more space than that.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Folder properties gives me a 3 GIGs+ size ! ...  :fool:

For the OC? Do you have every livery possible downloaded?

Kyle Rodgers

The OC folder located in Programs(x86) does not include individual liveries, that is the folder I was referring to.  It is not more than 89MB.

Liveries downloaded from PMDG are stored in an appdata folder, I doubt very much you could relocate anything in the appdata area and the application would go along with that.  Each ptp livery file is typically 20MB, so 3GB would take 150 liveries, an amazing number.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

After further investigation, size of the folder was due to kids moving accidentally their files into the OC folder -_- . I'ts now some Megs big.

Regarding the possibility to move the OC, I submitted an official ticket to PMDG. I think they would be OK that I post their reply, so it might help someone in the future :

Actually the PMDG Ops Center is a stand alone application and I believe that you can actually move the entire program folder from one drive to another without it causing any major issues.  If this doesn't work,  then you can regenerate the program on your new drive by creating a PMDG OPS CENTER folder and transferring only the PMDG OPS CENTER UPDATER file to that folder.  Double click and run the Updater and new Ops center will be generated.   You may have to download and reinstall the liveries but I am not 100% certain on that issue.

Case closed.

Cheers.