Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion - anyone tried it out yet?

There's a new sound package for the NGX focusing on the cockpit sounds exclusively where all sounds have been recorded in the highest possible quality on the real aircraft.

Lots of different sounds packages has been around for the NGX where mostly the verdict is the sounds that already come with the NGX is the most realistic ones but I noticed this package has got very good reviews from the customers who bought it so far and it does seem like a "serious" package. Also it's not very expensive.

Anyone in here tried it out yet and can comment on it?

It's available from SimMarket over here -> http://secure.simmarket.com/immersive-audio-ngx-cockpit-sound-immersion-fsx-p3d.phtml

Richard Åsberg

Avsim user Pe11e (Realism Shader Pack) is the creator Richard. Youtube has an example of it I think.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

but I noticed this package has got very good reviews from the customers who bought it so far and it does seem like a "serious" package.

"Best sound pack ever!!", "My simulator won another life in the cockpit", "Best Audio I have seen/heard in my entire FlightSim Life"

We are talking about a button/switch-sounds-package, right?

These kind of extremely raving remarks always make me smile a bit and suspicious  :wink:

Nevertheless I'm also intrigued. So if you bought it and think it is good, I'll buy also.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I wonder if also the engine sounds are in? They are not included in the description.

In general this looks interesting, always nice to have alternative sound to something often heard.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I wonder if also the engine sounds are in? They are not included in the description.

In general this looks interesting, always nice to have alternative sound to something often heard.

No engine sounds as of yet. Planned for future update.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, I bought it and I love it!

The PMDG sounds are super. This is not necessarily better, but it does sound slightly different and realistic which is a great change. I particularly like the new aircon sounds and the trim wheel sound

Wooow!

737NGX Button/Switch sound packaages are hot these days... This one also was released recently:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&products_id=3934

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I watchers the vid.

Very nicely done Pe11e

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I bought this a few days ago as I am sort of a sound nut.  These sounds only include cockpit sounds (switches, buttons, etc) as has been stated.  The new 'fan/AC' noise is fantastic...I really like it and overall give the package a thumbs up.  The trim sound is new as well which differs quite a bit from the original.  I fly the NGX about 95% of the time so this has sort of freshened things up a bit and brought some 'newness' to the NGX.  The only odd thing is that I got an OOM warning on my first flight using these sounds (between 2 default airports) and I have NEVER had one in the NGX (using P3D for 18 months).  The sounds do not appear to be a significantly larger file so it may have been a fluke...?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

The sounds do not appear to be a significantly larger file so it may have been a fluke...?

As the sound package is just a .wav file replacement, I'm not sure how they could contribute to an OOM. I'd say it is co-incidental.

Thanks for the feedback, guess it's time to pick up that credit card once again :wink:

Richard Åsberg

There have been some complaints at simflight.de regarding not careful looping of the fan noise sound (transition between end and beginning of sound). However, that was based on listening to the video. Is it really that disturbing inside FSX or P3D ?

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I bought it yesterday and it is pretty cool. If you have the Blueskystar sounds for the Aerosoft a320, both of them addons sound very clear, all clickeable!

I like more the 737 default apu switch, it sounds louder.

This addon is a must have but it has a little bug, if you exit to an external view with your engines off, when you enter into the cockpit again, it looks like the engines are running??.

Also sometimes the volume of cockpit sounds go down with fs2crew sounds.

The external view with engines sound are not modeled in this version.

Does the

NGX-Cockpit-Sound-Immersion-logo.jpg
IMMERSIVE AUDIO - NGX COCKPIT SOUND IMMERSION FSX P3D

really add so much to the immersion? I always thought that the PMDG sounds are pretty close to the real plane. One has just to be careful not to declare something to be better, just because it sounds different. The same can also experienced if you compare HIFI systems. After a while you get used to the new sound.

But anyway it would be interesting to know whether the money is well spent.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You can do the same i did. Compare their Simmarket video with this one and hear yourself the difference. ;)