Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion - anyone tried it out yet?

Ok.

Well, if you read your own post I quoted you did say you were not able to record all sounds in the real cockpit and now you say you did...hmm...:wink:

Not a big deal though :smile:

Hmmm I did wrote that lol, I'm an idiot. Sentence written in a wrong way. :) I wanted to say that I didn't managed to record all the sounds while being in the real cockpit. Although 90% of the cockpit items are recorded and included in the pack. If you wish I can provide the update with 22khz sounds just for you to test.

Cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Just did the exact same flight again without this sound package to check my VAS compared to last flight when I had the sound package installed and I can now confirm I have about 230 MB extra VAS left after landing in Salzburg from Stockholm and using the exact same config.

In my case this means not having to worry about a potential OOM CTD with about 430 MB VAS left vs 200 MB VAS left with the sound package installed.

This is in line with what I have experienced.  It seems I am landing with 200-300mb less VAS using these sounds on a 2-3 hour flight in the NGX.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I have never experienced a VAS warning flying the NGX in P3D even between heavy add-on airports, cloudy WX, etc.  To get one on a simple flight between 2 default airports with very moderate in-sim settings was just very odd but it appears the sounds are the cause.  I'll also repeat that I do very much like the sounds, whether they are 100% realistic or not!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hmmm I did wrote that lol, I'm an idiot. Sentence written in a wrong way. :) I wanted to say that I didn't managed to record all the sounds while being in the real cockpit. Although 90% of the cockpit items are recorded and included in the pack. If you wish I can provide the update with 22khz sounds just for you to test.

Cheers

Very kind of you but that won't be necessary since I'm back using my former mix of sounds again.

However I still think it's a very good idea that you provide an alternate set of sounds for anyone else with the same issue like Eric in the post above for example.

One question that wasn't answered is what format the default PMDG sounds come in. Are they 22 khz since that is what you suggest for your alternate package to decrease VAS usage?

Richard Åsberg

Very kind of you but that won't be necessary since I'm back using my former mix of sounds again.

However I still think it's a very good idea that you provide an alternate set of sounds for anyone else with the same issue like Eric in the post above for example.

One question that wasn't answered is what format the default PMDG sounds come in. Are they 22 khz since that is what you suggest for your alternate package to decrease VAS usage?

I think they are 44khz 16bit stereo too, but shorter in length per sample

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I think they are 44khz 16bit stereo too, but shorter in length per sample

OK, thanks.

Richard Åsberg

===================================
NGX COCKPIT SOUND IMMERSION SP1
===================================
Is available! Check your SimMarket accounts. 1f642.png:)

================
SP1 CHANGELOG
================

- Removed silence at the end of all switches sound files. Faster switches operation will be audible now, and VAS usage can be lower (highly system dependant).
- Due to 50mb of VAS usage during our testing, APU spool up sound is now excluded in the original package (737NGX folder). APU spool up sound from the original release is now in the ALTERNATIVE sounds folder.
- The volume of the FMC buttons and knobs adjusted.
- HiChime sound corrected.
- Trim wheel sound loop corrected.

Please note that new version will install in new separate folder, so no need to uninstall the old version first as stated in the simmarket's e-mail. You can uninstall the old version later if you wish.

Cheers captains!

• Upvote 2

Is available! Check your SimMarket accounts

Many thanks. Downloading now.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've migrated to from Win7 to Win10  in October, and I've tested VAS usage on vanilla NGX, then copied the sounds from NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion SP1. The VAS usage on these tests was IDENTICAL, so I can definitely confirm that the soundpack doesn't use a single megabyte more. All tests are done in P3D v3.2, Win10 64bit, i3770k @ 4.6ghz and GTX 1060 6gb. Not sure about the behavior in v3.4.x versions, although I didn't received a SINGLE e-mail regarding VAS usage, errors or anything similiar, just few mails to help customers with installing the soundpack, and even did 2 or 3 teamviewer sessions to find the culprit why the sounds are muted in the NGX, and the culprit always was wrong selected audio source in the NGX FMC options.

Cheers

Just to add, I believe it is an important info about installing the soundpack. Due to few e-mail regarding install confusion.

When you purchase the soundpack, you will download the exe installer. The installer will not install the sounds to FSX/P3D folder. By default it will install the sounds to a separate folder on your hard drive (C:\Immersive Audio\NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion (SP1)\). After the installation, be sure to check the Readme file for instructions how/where to copy the sound files.

This is the usual way of installing the soundpacks, to avoid any possible overwriting of original sounds. So be sure to not point the installer to FSX/Sound folder or similiar.

It's 30% off now on simmarket.

Cheers

*** NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion SP2 *** IS OUT!

==============

SP2 CHANGELOG

==============

- Completely new and reworked GPWS callouts.

- Added 19 new GPWS sounds, now 34 sounds total.

- Added realistic AP Disconnect sound as a bonus

Merry Christmas!

• Upvote 2

Really enjoy it. Never realized how much a HD sound package can add to immersion. NGX seems like she has new life. I've had the cockpit sound package for some time.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Really enjoy it. Never realized how much a HD sound package can add to immersion. NGX seems like she has new life. I've had the cockpit sound package for some time.

Do You realize this thread is almost  2 years old? 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

better  late  than never:biggrin:

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg