Sign in to follow this  
twiggys

X-Life concept is great

So I just picked up X-Life Deluxe: The X-Life concept IMHO is a wonderful AI and ATC plugin; the lack of discussion or excitement is puzzling, because reading through the forums one of the drawbacks discussed regarding XP is the assumed lack of AI/ATC or a good one thereof, it has a free download option or the Deluxe paid revision.

I find the airport coverage map doesn’t cover all the major airports but is constantly getting new additions; hope the developer continue it’s development.

Anyone using can further comment on its use, conducting long haul routes?

The last thing I heard was that it doesn't come with models for the AI, so all the traffic will consist of the planes in your aircraft folder. That might be wrong information, but it killed my interest in it.

Also, World Traffic (2.1) is just so good that (once you wrapped your head around it) one doesn't need anything else. 3.0 is on final (it has been for a while anyway), it will be a big breakthrough for X-Plane once released.

I can't comment on the ATC, but even WT's is much better (at least in theory, there are issues, too, as of now) than X-Plane's own. It's ATC will give you SID's and STAR's, that's a whole new level.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

the lack of discussion or excitement is puzzling,

On the main page for the product:

*** – Due to the high complexity of the plug-in internal logic, of varying quality of the data in installed custom sceneries – possible unexpected termination of the plug-in time to time.

I know it's usually a given that a plug-in will crash from time to time, but maybe bringing it to light in the above statement is holding the product back a little. Even just a hint of "Bad behavior" prevents me from looking at it in my own sim. CTDs are intensely frustrating and (at least for me) it only takes one CTD and that plugin is summarily dismissed from my aircraft.

That, and doing ATC is obscenely complex... I have to wonder just how good (or bad) it really is.

• Upvote 1

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

On my system, it isn't very stable and experience CTDs, which I don't get if I disable the plugin.

I absolutely love the concept but I find it fairly buggy, again, at least on my system.

I put X-Life through a series of testing and haven't gotten the CTD with the Deluxe version, but then again I'm only running with HD Global Scenery and Treelines-Farms-North America. I tried the free version on a second system that has tones of addons and got the CTD.

Haven't taken the time to decipher my crash log, so I'm not sure what's causing the CTD on my second system, whether it's the free version or its conflicting with one of the many add-ons.

World Traffic right now doesn't compare to X-Life. When I can go to an airport and have the traffic go to and from the gates and parking, to the runways then World Traffic can measure up.  I spent countless hours on a couple of airports creating the paths from the runways to parking/gates. World Traffic would have the traffic land but then disappear. Listen, the closer the traffic AI can approach to FSX/P3D MyTraffic/UltimateTraffic/Traffic 360 - the better it will be. And right now the winner is X-Life. The fact that the airports supported are all centrally located on the site makes it easy to add to the growing list. The liveries and varied planes of WT are obviously better. This is the one weakness of X-Life. Like MT/UT I want real world schedules and planes/liveries compatible with the routes their flying. I want the planes to land and go to the assigned parking and of course the reverse.If 3.0 can finally bring that then I'm all on board.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb