Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Client Updated to v3.4.9.18400 App Log Showing v3.3.5.17625

Would running the Prepar3D Content.msi fix the version being reported?  Updated client, Prepar3D v3.4.9.18400, AS16 log is showing P3D version as 3.3.5.17625.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Have you tried uninstalling the client and then reinstalling it Robert? 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yep had the same problem and fixed things up by deleting the client and reinstalling it.  Thanks to Rob for that.

Deleted the old client and installed latest .msi, deleted .cfg as well.  P3D shows as newest version under the help tab and I can see some of the new features.

\Robert Hamlich/

Deleted the old client and installed latest .msi, deleted .cfg as well.  P3D shows as newest version under the help tab and I can see some of the new features.

Check out Poppet's Tutorial on how to update P3D....I see a lot of people are still unsure how to update.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

What's the actual version of the Prepar3D.exe file (right click, properties)? Maybe AS16 is just misreporting...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Yes that's a strange one alright,  If your showing V3.4 inside of Prepar3D well then you would have to be on Version 3.4 

Did you Update Active Sky 2016 to the V3.4 compatible version ?  Did you just Update with the V3.4 Hotfix ? Or did you do a full Uninstall and Reinstall of AS2016 ?    

I guess what you could do is Delete Or Move out the AS folder in your Prepar3D folder,  When you start AS2016 you will be prompted to Install ASCONNECT again which will reinstall the AS folder again back into Prepar3D (Refreshing everything if its a bit muddled up) 

Would running the Prepar3D Content.msi

I would of thought not,  as Content only Updates the 11 textures, sounds and so on folders (no Core folders) 

Check out Poppet's Tutorial on how to update P3D....I see a lot of people are still unsure how to update.

An excellent source of information indeed.

What's the actual version of the Prepar3D.exe file (right click, properties)? Maybe AS16 is just misreporting...

The version number is correct, checked the .exe and help/about tab in the sim.  I was thinking the same about the log.txt misreporting, I'm trying to figure out why.

Yes that's a strange one alright,  If your showing V3.4 inside of Prepar3D well then you would have to be on Version 3.4 

Did you Update Active Sky 2016 to the V3.4 compatible version ?  Did you just Update with the V3.4 Hotfix ? Or did you do a full Uninstall and Reinstall of AS2016 ?    

I guess what you could do is Delete Or Move out the AS folder in your Prepar3D folder,  When you start AS2016 you will be prompted to Install ASCONNECT again which will reinstall the AS folder again back into Prepar3D (Refreshing everything if its a bit muddled up) 

I would of thought not,  as Content only Updates the 11 textures, sounds and so on folders (no Core folders) 

I updated first then performed a complete install.  Thanks for the information on the Content installation, that's good info to have.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Okay the issue has been resolved, the log indicates the root folder of Prepar3D, mine of course is C:\Prepar3D v3.3.5.17625 and that exactly what the log is reading.  Thanks for your help folks.

\Robert Hamlich/