Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FSUIPC Updated for P3D 3.4

Is there a way to install the latest stable version, that now appears to be an exe vs the orig dll file from yesterday AND NOT have to reassign everything? Should I keep my ini file safe or something? I would like to avoid having to reassign everything if possible.

the latest complete/Full ver is ;-

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.957 Install FSUIPC4.957 for FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D versions 2.5, 3.0 - 3.4

bob

I think you misunderstood my question, I know how to install it. My question, if I do, will it wipe all my FSUIPC configured buttons and controls? I would like to avoid having to reassign everything if possible. 

I think you misunderstood my question, I know how to install it. My question, if I do, will it wipe all my FSUIPC configured buttons and controls? I would like to avoid having to reassign everything if possible. 

Pete put together a very comprehensive installation guide that is included in the installation zip..., take a minute to look that over.  Note it does not update the ini file which contains your button and key assignments.  if you still want to exhibit an abundance of caution, you can make a backup of the ini file.

Dan Downs KCRP

I found that, for some reason, my old (4.9.55) fsuipc.ini didn't like P3Dv4.3.9 plus FSUIPC 4.9.57. My feeling is that running 4.9.55 under P3Dv3.4.9 for a while introduced some garbage of some kind - but that's a bit of an uneducated guess.

All attempts to run P3Dv3.4.9 with FSUIPC 4.9.57 and the old ini file resulted in almost instant CTDs. I made sure I backed up my old modules folder before I installed both P3Dv3.4.9 and 4.9.57 so at least I had an old version of the ini file to refer to. The modules folder isn't huge, so it's an easy backup step to get in the habit of.

However - I found it quicker in the end to just delete the ini and start from scratch. Re-assigning all my axes really didn't take that long, when compared to multiple CTDs and P3D restarts  - and at least I have the satisfaction of a nice "clean" ini file.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

In my PC:

Latest version FSUIPC4956 causes P3D v3.4 to CTD after startup screen. While P3D trying to display Aircraft selection Windows.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.9.18400, time stamp: 0x57d9b14e
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll, version: 4.9.5.6, time stamp: 0x57cf485e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00036a5f
Faulting process id: 0x1f40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2154c907398c8
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

I'm reverting to the previous version I had (4.955c) while Pete confirms this is not an issue.

Cheers.

Have you tried the new v4.957?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The New ( complete ) ver 4.957 is working here, It was a fresh install not an overwrite. This was because I did a new complete install of P3D 3.49, I had updated before with the client and contents installations so I wanted a new install.

bob

I found that, for some reason, my old (4.9.55) fsuipc.ini didn't like P3Dv4.3.9 plus FSUIPC 4.9.57. My feeling is that running 4.9.55 under P3Dv3.4.9 for a while introduced some garbage of some kind - but that's a bit of an uneducated guess.

All attempts to run P3Dv3.4.9 with FSUIPC 4.9.57 and the old ini file resulted in almost instant CTDs. I made sure I backed up my old modules folder before I installed both P3Dv3.4.9 and 4.9.57 so at least I had an old version of the ini file to refer to. The modules folder isn't huge, so it's an easy backup step to get in the habit of.

However - I found it quicker in the end to just delete the ini and start from scratch. Re-assigning all my axes really didn't take that long, when compared to multiple CTDs and P3D restarts  - and at least I have the satisfaction of a nice "clean" ini file.

Fix control acceleration seems to be the cause for crashes in 4.957.

Fix control acceleration seems to be the cause for crashes in 4.957.

Sounds possible. It was the one setting I decided (by chance) *not* to re-enable. Easy to test, so I'll report back!

Wow, thanks for this. I had all kinds of buttons programmed and redoing the ini would have been a nightmare. Opened the old .ini, changed "FixControlAccel=No"  and all is well.

Dave Hyde

crap_landing_dave

Have you tried the new v4.957?.

Cheers, Ed

Just did, didn't work initially so I had to delete the ini file and now its working.

All good now

I rebuilt my ini file from scratch (all working great) but had "FixControlAccel" set no "No" by accident.

Just as a test, I've re-enabled it ("FixControlAccel=Yes") and all seems to be working fine. There may be some reason why it needs to be set off initially after the update, but it appears to be safe to enable on an fsuipc.ini that was based on a clean/new version. Maybe there are other entries (that don't exist in the old ini) that affect it in combination <?>.

UPDATE: Well - I *thought* all was OK, but I just restarted P3Dv3 and got an instant error (again) ... so reset the value of "FixControlAccel" to "No".