Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

sound issue's with fs2crew

Hi guy's, I've been trying to sort out a sound issue with the pmdg aircraft and fs2crew, when there is any speech from the FO, Captain or the FA I get a really bad static and the cutting in and out of the aircraft sounds, once any of the speaking stops all pmdg sounds are nomal, so in short when there is any fs2crew speaking pmdg sounds cut in and out, no sound issue's with anything else.

Cheers Rod.

G'day Bryan, yeh sound drivers up to date, brand new install of win10, all latest drivers, all default sound settings, there's obviously something related to my system as I've also noticed the RC4 volume is extemely low although turned to max, I just can't put my finger on it.

Cheers Rod.

You'll just have to keep playing with your settings.  I'm thinking a possible driver issue with Win 10 if it just started after a fresh Win 10 install and you other addons are affected as well.

When you figure it out, post it here.

Cheers,

Ok this becoming quite annoying, I've also noticed that even clicking on the fs2crew control panel either NGX reboot or the 777 panel to close them or pulling up breifing panels, calling for the FA everytime I click on the panel the sound of the sim cuts out, any announcement whilst talking is taking place the sound from the rest of the sim cuts in and out in unison with the announcements as well as clicking on a panel click spot, all drivers are up to date, there's quite a minimum of settings to apply in win10 control panel sound section, very basic, does anyone have any idea what's going on I'd be most grateful.

Regards Rod.

Can anybody please give any advise on how to resolve the above issue? no driver or sound settings is fixing the sound problem, I've spent the last week trying to resolve the issue including reinstalling everthing fs2crew, it is the only sim addon that is giving me this issue, I would be most grateful for any new idea's.

Cheers Rod.

My Windows 10 unilaterally decided to do a major update yesterday to version 16.07.  I have an old Creative SoundBlaster sound card.

Prior to that, FS2Crew had been working perfectly.  Now the FSCrew2 audio test says "Test starting" then nothing at all when it should be "left speaker" etc and then says "Test Completed",  In other words, I do have sound on my headphones but parts of FS2Crew is working, the rest isn't depending presumably on which voice is being used.  As far as I can see, the voice setting is for English (USA) as required.

My headset microphone isn't being recognised by any software at all - I can't even get beyond the "Set up Microphone" stage. 

My problem may not be the same as yours but Windows has done something very nasty to my system.

ngxu_banner.png

Thanks, that's some consolation!

I'll see if I can find a work-around before doing a restore.  There are so many settings when you have a sound card alongside the on-board sound.

Of course, my whole PC is what, 5 years old so there's always the option of a new one.  Could I get it delivered without her noticing though?

ngxu_banner.png

A system restore? I have the win10 16.07 as well but the sound issue's were happening well before that update, I'm not convinced that a system restore is the answer concidering it's only fs2crew both versions, 777 and the NGX that I'm having the same sound issue with, Bryan could you post your sound settings so I can rule a settings issue out?

Rod. 

I'm not sure what kind of sound settings I could post.  

To me, it sounds like a driver issue with the Windows 1607 update.

Can you try uninstall your current audio driver then re-installing.

Try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/a183aa8b-0eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Bryan good to see you stuck to your guns on the driver issue, as per the link above, the second option seems to have worked, but for me only by right clicking on the speaker icon lower right hand side of task bar opening playback devise's and chooseing uninstall software, re-start and windows re-installed a sound driver which is dated a month before the lastest one that was installed, so far so good, thanks for the link.

Cheers Rod.