Sign in to follow this  
DonaldS

Pilatus PC-12, Where Is Everything?

I just purchased Carenado PC-12 for FSX.

I previously owned their PC012 for FS9

I really need a  pilot operating handbook for this aircraft. I've been playing around with it since I got it about 3 hours ago, and have only discovered a couple of essential things pursuant to flying this beast. I understand that this FSX version has a lot of newy-newy, stuff on its' operating system, but I can't find such instruments such as radio frequencies selection, NDB selection.

I am not afraid to display my ignorance here, but . . . the aircraft I downloaded is plain vanilla White paint job! (livery I think it is properly called.)

So: Can anyone point me to somewhere  where I can get a pilot operating handbook and where I can get a paint job? I would sincerely appreciate it.

DonaldS

The radios are imbedded in the GNS530 units.

There should be documentation in the FSX\Carenado\PC12 folder.

As for liveries.. are you sure you only got the white livery?  Do you have "show all variations" checked?

Look in the simobjects\airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder and see how many texture folders you have.

Bert

The radios are imbedded in the GNS530 units.

There should be documentation in the FSX\Carenado\PC12 folder.

As for liveries.. are you sure you only got the white livery?  Do you have "show all variations" checked?

Look in the simobjects\airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder and see how many texture folders you have.

Bert - Thank you for your fast reply. Yes, I have the White livery, when I select the Carenado PC-12 from the opening FSX screen, it only has one (1) option. I guess I'd better do as you suggested, and look in the "simobjects\airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder" and see if there are any other livery/textures avallable.

Many thanks to you for your help, Bert, I appreciate it.

DonaldS

Yep, I checked the "simobjects\airplanes\Carenado PC12 folder" found several textures. Yep, yep. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the preferred Texture/Livery into the PC-12.

As far as the radios in the GNS530 in concerned, I  seem to have hit a dead end momentarily, but . . . I will persevere and will figure it out eventually.

I can't begin to thank you enough, Bert. But I'll try. Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you, etc.

DonaldS

Just loaded the same aircraft today.  Bert's suggestion should work "As for liveries.. are you sure you only got the white livery?  Do you have "show all variations" checked?"

I am slowly, (read, VERY slowly) becoming familiar with this Pilatus PC-12. However, having said that, let's talk about the ADF frequency selector.

As far as ADF selector goes, I can not use this. Aieeeeeeeee. The tuner knob does not function with my version of FSX. (I have FSX Gold). So I guess that dumps the Carenado Pilatus PC-12 in the trash for me, because I regularly use ADF in my flight sim operations. I wonder if I can get my money back from Carenado?

Is there any know fix or workaround for this problem?

Thank  you,

DonaldS

I am slowly, (read, VERY slowly) becoming familiar with this Pilatus PC-12. However, having said that, let's talk about the ADF frequency selector.

As far as ADF selector goes, I can not use this. Aieeeeeeeee. The tuner knob does not function with my version of FSX. (I have FSX Gold). So I guess that dumps the Carenado Pilatus PC-12 in the trash for me, because I regularly use ADF in my flight sim operations. I wonder if I can get my money back from Carenado?

Is there any know fix or workaround for this problem?

Thank  you,

DonaldS

I am sure that can be solved...

In this particular cockpit, you change the digits of the standby frequency individually, by mousing over the digit and using the mouse wheel up and down.  Then flip the frequency into the active position.

Bert

I am sure that can be solved...

In this particular cockpit, you change the digits of the standby frequency individually, by mousing over the digit and using the mouse wheel up and down.  Then flip the frequency into the active position.

Okay, thank you Bert. I tried mousing over the digit and using the mouse wheel up and down, and . . . nothing worked. Bleh. It didn't work. Not sure what the problem is. I have emailed Carenado for a solution, but no reply thus far, but then, it is a weekend.

DonaldS

Mouse over the digits on the right, not on the left side of the adf radio.

Bert

Mouse over the digits on the right, not on the left side of the adf radio.

You know  what Bert? I think Carenado should pay you a finders fee, or something. They still have not replied to my email message asking for help on this matter. But you, you nailed it with the your reply. I am not upset or angry and Carenado about this, but you'd think they would bend over backwards to keep a customer happy. Just between you and me, this will be the last purchase I will make from Carenado. I need 3 other aircraft I'm going to buy, and sorry to say, those aircraft will not be from Carenado.

Thanks again for your patience, understanding and help, Bert.

DonaldS