Sign in to follow this  
Zentosi

PMDG in VR

With the release of P3D 3.4 and its VR support I'm looking forward to loading up both the 737 and 777.

Has anyone had a look?

Yes, I fly 777 in VR with Flyinside.

Native P3D 3.4 does not have UI or mouse controls.  It is basically a camera view with controls all mapped to keyboard, joystick.

It is nice though there are quite a number of 2D images in the VC like overhead lights are 2D images, I wish they were modelled.  But it is very cool

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yes, I fly 777 in VR with Flyinside.

Native P3D 3.4 does not have UI or mouse controls.  It is basically a camera view with controls all mapped to keyboard, joystick.

It is nice though there are quite a number of 2D images in the VC like overhead lights are 2D images, I wish they were modelled.  But it is very cool

The 777 is already a highly VAS intensive aircraft, maybe once they start making 64 bit addons in the not so clear future...

I have VR (rift) but to me it's way to blurry I have to learn forward to see the numbers,and the distance is also very blurry plus I can see all the pixels. It's cool to see it in 3d but the lack of quality image kills any immersiveness you get by going VR. Even in aerofly 2 where I have the pixel density set at the max of 2.0 it's very blurry and many pixels. I have 20/15 vision so maybe I notice the blur and pixels more than most

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Managed to update and have a look. As mentioned above a little too blurry and instruments are too difficult to read.

One day this will be the way to go but it doesn't seems that it is the case today.

The VC is blurry if Flyinside isn't running in 4K resolution (This is Flyinside one not p3d one), and I have VR-SLI and using Nvidia inspector to enhance AA with 4X Supersampling an in-game setting to 4X.  That is the only way the VC is pretty smooth

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)