Sign in to follow this  
bursco

A380_800 in file library.

The write up in the library states this:"This is a complete aircraft modeled in G-MAX by Robert Verslyus including various liveries, sounds and panel. It has been designed for FS2004"There is no panel for it even though gauges and panel bmp files are loaded - why I cannot understand. It the says in the readme to find your own panel for it and lists various sites but the names of the panels are wrong. I only looked at one site and could not see why I had to do it anyway. The liveries etc look OK.Why is a panel file installed that tells you u should have an alias to an opensky aircraft. I spent 20 mins uninstalling all the files it installed. I even unpacked it first and looked at the files never thinking that there was no panel because the gauges are there. So if u d/l it take a close look at what you are installing first.:)

You haven't given a file id or file name--I wanted to see which file you were talking about. Robert Verslyus' A380 does not include a panel of its own as far as I know, so this sounds like one of those "repackage jobs" where someone throws some paints together, a panel.cfg, etc in order to get their name in the file library. I had no problems installing Robert's A380, so I want to make sure he doesn't get blamed for a package someone else might have put together.Part of the benifit of freeware is coping with this type of frustration. But you can also alert the file library managers if a package is poorly thrown together and they can contact the author(s) to fix the issue, if it can be fixed.-John

I agree that this sort of thing is frustrating. I've downloaded a number of unsatisfactory freeware files. However, my view is that it's freeware so I've lost nothing and just delete it, as I suspect most people do.You complain you "could not see why I had to do it anyway":1 - you don't have to do anything - except delete it: 2 - this is freeware and you get what the author gives you and that's it.

Thats true with delete and it is freeware - so maybe some of my comments were to quick to judge.