Sign in to follow this  
Pilotval

Windows Suggestion

Hi!

In a few days I will graduate from the university and my windows license expires! I had windows 8.1 pro! Now I'm planning to purchase windows 10. But before that I had some questions!

1) Because I will change product key, must I uninstall my FSX before changing windows or only a format?

2) Is FSX compatible with windows 10, because I read many blogs on internet, some for good performance and some other for many problems and errors.

Thank you in advance!!

Hello Pilotval,

My Experience - Running FSX, FSX SE, P3D v1.4 .You should be able to do an upgrade to Win 10, However, I did the Upgrade from Win 7 64 bit, to Win 10 64 bit . The Upgrade went good, But FPS took a Nose Dive !! Upgraded and installed Win 10 specific Drivers, This Helped some, But Still NO Fun !! Reverted back to Win 7 !! Back in the Game !! The Above Programs Just Seem to Run Better in Win 7 ! You can pick a copy up on Ebay !

Having said all that, I believe that if I would have done a Clean install of Win 10, things would have been OK !

Johnman B)

Windows 10 has been brilliant for my P3D (now version 3.4) performance so can not imagine why anyone would want to stick with earlier versions, especially 8.1 which was a cooked goose from day one.

Have know of some that are hog tied to Windows 7 for FSX or P3D (for whatever reason), but have heard few defend Windows 8.1 over Windows 10 for any reason.

Take the free upgrade or pay later, your choice, in my humble opinion.

Free is good!

Kind regards,

• Upvote 1

Running Windows 10 pro here, no problems at all with either FSX:SE or P3Dv3. Even good old FSX boxed works fine! I think the most problems people have is with hardware i.e joysticks and yokes and such. I have a CH Yoke, Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D Pro and Saitek Cessna rudder pedals and all work fine with the default windows drivers.

• Upvote 1

You can check but I don't believe Windows 10 is free anymore. I have Windows 10 and am very happy with it.

• Upvote 1