Sign in to follow this  
mjw8899

NGX vs 733

I have flown both the PMDG NGX on Prepar3d and the IXEG 733. Both are superb but actually give quite different experiences. Systems on the NGX are impeccably modeled allowing one to simulate every aspect of a real flight. Weather with AS16 is also great. However, the flight model just doesn't feel quite right, the flying on the rails complaint of FSX/Prepar3d. 

IXEG's 733 doesn't have the ancillary functions we love in the NGX like flight loading, TOD pausing etc. Its FMC doesn't allow custom waypoints, which are handy in any JFK departure, and it doesn't even allow the doors to be opened. However, when hand flying it, it feels like the real deal, and the inherent smoothness of xplane allow for a completely immersive experience. It flies better than any jet on xplane, including Vmax's offerings and eclipses anything on Prepar3d. 

If you want complete system simulations, there is no choice but the NGX. If you want to feel like you are handling a 737 then IXEG is the obvious choice. Now only if we could get AS16 for X-plane....

Note this is not intended as an XP vs whatever thread. I have both and like both. Just my opinion on the IXEG vs the NGX.

• Upvote 2

How many hours did you accumulate in the 733 vs NG in the real world?

Don't jump at the guy's throat, he is telling us what he feels when using both addons.

Back on topic, IXEG is still a very young product when PMDG has a very mature offering (5 years plus the FS9 version). I'm sure more function are being added atm.

As for the way it flies I think it has to do with how P3D and Xplane deal with their flight models, XPlane having the upper hand in my opinion (I use both sim).

• Upvote 5

However, the flight model just doesn't feel quite right, the flying on the rails complaint of FSX/Prepar3d. 

Larry!!!!!??? :smile:

• Upvote 3

I have flown both the PMDG NGX on Prepar3d and the IXEG 733. Both are superb but actually give quite different experiences. Systems on the NGX are impeccably modeled allowing one to simulate every aspect of a real flight. Weather with AS16 is also great. However, the flight model just doesn't feel quite right, the flying on the rails complaint of FSX/Prepar3d. 

IXEG's 733 doesn't have the ancillary functions we love in the NGX like flight loading, TOD pausing etc. Its FMC doesn't allow custom waypoints, which are handy in any JFK departure, and it doesn't even allow the doors to be opened. However, when hand flying it, it feels like the real deal, and the inherent smoothness of xplane allow for a completely immersive experience. It flies better than any jet on xplane, including Vmax's offerings and eclipses anything on Prepar3d. 

If you want complete system simulations, there is no choice but the NGX. If you want to feel like you are handling a 737 then IXEG is the obvious choice. Now only if we could get AS16 for X-plane....

Note this is not intended as an XP vs whatever thread. I have both and like both. Just my opinion on the IXEG vs the NGX.

I agree with most of the statement. I bought X-Plane just for the IXEG and the immersion is very nice. It actually feels more "alive" then the PMDG NGX. But I also fly both and love both equally. And the IXEG will for sure get better with updates. Good times ahead...

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Larry!!!!!??? :smile:

Just read it................

No,no,no........ I can't take it anymore!!!!   Flying on rails!!!!  :smile:

Of course, we all know, that planes are constantly being bumped around by by turbulent air, because it's never calm, and that we as pilots, are always making minor corrections (or the A/P is ).  But wait, that's what I read on some forums somewhere!

In reality, FSX defaults to smoother air. And in reality, air can be incredibly smooth. A lot of the time!  Even for aircraft with short little wings.  In fact, planes sometimes don't even feel alive, because it just seems that the earth is kind of rolling by, underneath.  It's smoother than rails!

This isn't something I just came up with. My wife would comment about  it a lot.  "Seems like we're just sitting still", she'd say.  A friend just described it the other day, as he remembered a flight, in which we descended towards a lake, just a few hundred feet off the ground, with a ground speed of over 200 mph. 

Now I know, that I built a plane (Van's RV6), that trimmed easily, and was rigged very well, and that a retired 777 pilot flies these days.......................but really..............I don't believe in this flying on rails stuff. Just introduce turbulence to FSX, and be happy that X-Plane is smoother these days, than in the past.  In the old days, I was mentally trying to get X-Plane in rig, so to speak. It was too alive!  There is smooth air,  many ranges of turbulent air, and everything in between.  

Be it something related to the flight model, be it something related to better smoothness, be it anything else, fact is that people keep popping up again and again in the forums saying that they prefer the feeling of flight of X-Plane over that of FSX/P3D.

One person cannot accept that? We'll just have to come to terms with it. :smile:

• Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

There's certainly a 'fluidity' to flying X-Plane that is absent in FSX/P3D and is hard to describe and put into words. It's not necessarily down to frames as you can hammer frames in XP every bit as much as you can in P3D - in fact I'd say that P3D probably performs better on my sim frame for frame that XP does - but I guess it's down to the greater immersion given from the lighting and effects, which is why XP is even better at night. I've often said that a perfect world would be the content, weather and scenery from P3D with the night lighting and immersion of XP. We can but hope! 

• Upvote 4

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Just read it................

No,no,no........ I can't take it anymore!!!!   Flying on rails!!!!  :smile:

Of course, we all know, that planes are constantly being bumped around by by turbulent air, because it's never calm, and that we as pilots, are always making minor corrections (or the A/P is ).  But wait, that's what I read on some forums somewhere!

In reality, FSX defaults to smoother air. And in reality, air can be incredibly smooth. A lot of the time!  Even for aircraft with short little wings.  In fact, planes sometimes don't even feel alive, because it just seems that the earth is kind of rolling by, underneath.  It's smoother than rails!

This isn't something I just came up with. My wife would comment about  it a lot.  "Seems like we're just sitting still", she'd say.  A friend just described it the other day, as he remembered a flight, in which we descended towards a lake, just a few hundred feet off the ground, with a ground speed of over 200 mph. 

Now I know, that I built a plane (Van's RV6), that trimmed easily, and was rigged very well, and that a retired 777 pilot flies these days.......................but really..............I don't believe in this flying on rails stuff. Just introduce turbulence to FSX, and be happy that X-Plane is smoother these days, than in the past.  In the old days, I was mentally trying to get X-Plane in rig, so to speak. It was too alive!  There is smooth air,  many ranges of turbulent air, and everything in between.  

Well yea, but here's the catch. Even when exposed to turbulence or the wind gusts the effects feel like you're flying on rails, predetermined motion if that makes sense, while in X-Plane it gives you the impression of more dynamic smooth movements. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Be it something related to the flight model, be it something related to better smoothness, be it anything else, fact is that people keep popping up again and again in the forums saying that they prefer the feeling of flight of X-Plane over that of FSX/P3D.

One person cannot accept that? We'll just have to come to terms with it. :smile:

They feel the same to me, these days.  On the other hand, I did spend all of those years, helping to rig aircraft, so they'd fly right. It's just my superior sense of "airplane feel"...... I guess.  :smile:

No, we must fight hard and change that person's mind  :wink:

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

As a real world pilot who has flown jets (Citation CJ)honestly XPLANEs flight model is better,the planes in FSX feel to stable. Also I prefer the IXEG 737 to the NGX because I like the older 737s,I do miss pause at TOD but the amazing light effects of Xplane make up for it.

• Upvote 3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Well, there is (be it in flight sims, other games, real cars, whatever) at least one expert who makes certain statements about a product. And, as he is an expert, he must be right - right? :wink: But - what do all the other (the majority of) experts out there say?

On the other hand ... in the Middle Ages, ALL experts on earth said, that earth is flat and only a single one said: "No! It's a globe". Possibly in a few hundred years it is general knowledge that X-Planes flight feeling is not better than FSX/P3D's - let's wait and see :Devil:.

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

The IXEG is a addon I'd like to get someday - just don't have enough time to devote to it right now

I miss my pmdg NGX in P3D - I never paid the upgrade from FSX

I actually have zero navigraph/FMS type xp10 addons :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |