Sign in to follow this  
TNguitar

Opus has me frustrated with camera views - Solved

This is so much harder than EZdok, but ezdok doesn't do weather.

All I am trying to do is figure out how to make a single button on my yoke CYCLE through my made cameras in my virtual cockpit.  I don't want to make outside cameras, no 2d camers.  I like my normal fsx outside cameras and my 2d camera.

I have no trouble making my camera view in the captain seat.  I can also make one in the first officers seat,.  I don't want to assign another button for each view, I just want ONE SINGLE BUTTON to cycle through my VC cameras?  Why is this so difficult?  I see no option anywhere to assign a button to cycle through views.  In FSX I can choose vc and then I have a button that I can cycle through the views in the vc.  I have another button that tales me outside, then the same cycle button cycles me through the outside views,

I can't even find anything in the help files that actually tells you what the panning thing is, and in the edit window I hit the panning button and NOTHING HAPPENS.  And no where in the help is there a sentence starting "A Panning sequence is a-----"   Can I set multiple vc cameras to a panning set using one button?  Next to the panning button I see a box that has a zero in it.  I cannot change the 0 in it, and nothing happens with hitting the panning button.  I have two vc cameeras made for my Twin Otter.  The reason I don't want to set different button for each vc camerais that some planes have multiple inside views in the cabin and such, like my otter.  I would have to set buttons for so many different vc views on different planes and try to remember them all,  this is why I simply want a single button to cycle me through my vc cameras.

Sorry for the rant, I am just horribly frustrated.

Thanks for any help.

Well, I saw the panning button on the main opus screen, and it did bring me to a panning screen where I set up multiple panning views of the inside of my otter.  But I cannot now figure out how to scroll through those views one click at a time with the same button.  I tried to assign a button in the panning screen, then went in to fsx options for my yoke and unnassigned that button from fsx.  I could not get the button to scrollthrough the panning views.  I have sepnt the entire night messing with this and haven't even been able to fly.  

And all this started because of wanting my dynamix head movement.  When I have it on it won't let me move my sye point views on my fsx vc views.  So I can have it on but then can't adjust my eye points.  Why can't Opus just shake my darn head and let me move my eye point where I want to?  I literally feel like I need to take an engineering course to learn the camera portion of this program.

You cannot cycle through individual panning sequence steps, you just play the panning sequence or abort it. To cycle through views of one type simply assign the same key to each Live Camera (NOT Panning Sequence) view and use the key to cycle them. This is all clearly explained in the guide with I believe a recommendation to assign the X or shift-X key sequence to ALL your LC views. Only views of the same view mode (e.g. All VC views etc.) will be cycled as the view mode is not changed.

You don't have to assign unique buttons if you don't want. It's up to you. Live Camera does not insist on this. Of course you must assign unique button or key sequences if you intend to select the view directly.

So just follow the recommendations and use buttons to select your view and assign the same X key to cycle through them. Don't forget to make your main view the Default for the aircraft type so that it can be selected and displayed without any user action when you select or load the aircraft (flight).

You really should re read the relevent sections of the Live Camera manual to get an understanding of what Panning Sequences are used for and how to select and cycle your views.

Stephen :-)

Got it figured out, thanks you so much.  Once I realized I had no need for the panning thing, the rest came easy.  When you explained hitting the same button it all became clear.  I would like to do a simple mind guide for guys like me who have a hard time with this stuff.  I love this because I can now mix and match with FSX standard views.  I am quite happy with FSX exterior views, I don't need anything but the outside view and to be able to spin around my plane with my pan button.  So I have one button set in FSX to chance catagory view vc, outside, for instance), one set to change view within catagory (various vc views that come with your plane), and one set for Opus views. 

My 208 Caranado comes with a view from the passenger seat in the left cabin.  I have no need to alter that in any way, and with Opus I added a right side passenger view.  I have no need to change the instrument panelviews that come with my planes, so I just set up Opus for captain and first officer views (and cabin views when planes come with a cabin as many add on planes do.   I love it. 

Thanks for the help.