Sign in to follow this  
2m0ycg

P3D Newbie

Hello i am considering buying P3D for my new PC. Can anyone tell me if there are P3D addons available as much as FSX and do FSX addons work with P3D ? Are they as easy to install ? 

When PD is updated do the addons still work ? I'm sure i saw on Orb X website the software doesn't work with P3D v 3.3 

I really don't know anything about P3D but it looks great but i'm not sure whether just to stick with FSX.

I'll probably have a lot more questions about P3D in the coming days but at the moment this is my main concern. Also i noticed that there is no 747 available such as the PMDG.. I think they only have the 777 for P3D. 

I am completely new to P3D and i have been away from flight simming for a while

Thanks in advance

Callum 

So far, I've had no issue with any addon. Some took a bit of tweaking but list have installers and are foolproof. The notable exception I believe is aerosoft. Some are comparable while others aren't. But as of now I've installed Feelthere ejets, qs 757, Flightbeam scenery, FSDT, t2g, LatinVFR, TropicalSim and have had no issues. The orbx installers work fine in p3d.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

When PD is updated do the addons still work ?

Most of the Orbx products have installers that work with v3.x and those few remaining that don't are being updated.

P3D updates usually require an update from products that do not comply with SDK recommendations such as FSUIPC, ActiveSky, Orbx objectflow and FSDT couatl; however all these guys are quick to release the updates within a couple of days or sooner.

PMDG NGX and 777 are available with P3D license.  The 747v2 should be out soon but it will be FSX first then P3D but it is on the way.  Also FSLabs A320 should be along in P3D version soon.

Everyone that has commented on the change from FSX to P3D that I've seen in the forums has said they would never go back to FSX.

Dan Downs KCRP