Sign in to follow this  
allergiecheck

DB-key not matching the RealNavdata key

I have the Mindstar GNS530 and purchased the RealNav data which is valid until 3/2017. First update in Feb this year worked fine.

I was not using the Garmin then for a while...today I wanted to updated the database with the Navupdate program (in the Mindstar folder), but it says I a have no valid subscription. I checked at realnavdata.com using my E-Mail address and the invoice number and found my subscription data, however it shows a different DB key than the one I have installed on my computer (shown by the Navupdate App).

I have just one PC...only one license from Mindstar and from RealNavdata...how comes that the DB-keys do no longer match?

Thanks, Thomas

I am having a different problem RealNav and have sent a support ticket.  I have been unable to use the update database utility, it stops at about 20% consistently.   So I used the alternative download method and was able to install the 0416 cycle last spring.  After updating P3D I noticed that my Mindstar GNS430/530 were not showing up so I uninstalled, installed and activated again.  The avionics now work but I am stuck with the 0116 Nav cycle because when I try to download the latest nav cycle from the Real Nav website it says no downloads available.  I cannot find my 0416 download so I cannot install that again.  Very frustrating for a subscription service.

Mike

Thomas, you will have to contact our support people via email to resolve your key issue.

Mike, our software has had many updates since last spring.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Mindstar and RealNav opened a remote session on my computer yesterday and were able to resolve my issues.  Needed to exclude Mindstar folders in Windows Defender and right click "Run as Administrator" for the NAV update program to work correctly on  my system..  I want to thank Johnny from Mindstar for the help resolving this issue and disregard my post above because I wrote it out of frustration and should have tried resolving my issue sooner but went on to other things until trying to update again over the weekend.

Mike

It's okay Mike... everyone has days... and Mindstar is anything but perfect themselves.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69