Sign in to follow this  
Jcannon

'Dead' aircraft after 'successful activation'

Having completed a clean install of windows 7 64bit.

Running P3d 3.3.4, I have installed the 777-200 and 300 but the landing gear is missing, the screens are blank and the yoke is full left. Each time I load the 200, I get the activation window and each time I enter the serial key I get a 'successfully activated' message, only for it to load into a 'dead' aircraft.

I have removed/reinstalled all 3 simcomment installers, with reboots inbetween and and here we are making this post in the hope of some help.

I shall send a support ticket in pretty much consisting of the same info.

Jack Cannon

Have now removed and re-installed the -200 and it still wont come alive after the 'successful activation'

Jack Cannon

See page 41 of the 777 Introduction Manual concerning the default flight. Maybe this is your problem. Hope it helps.

Page 36 describes the default flight. 

P3d loads into aircraft/airport/weather/flightplan screen, F-22 and I cant remember the default airport, but I load there with that aircraft.

then switch to the 777 and it wants to activate.

Thank you for the response PCUbine

Jack Cannon

I didn't know what platform you were using. Unless people say what platform is being used, it's like a stab in the dark. If I had know it was P3D, I would not have even replied. Sorry. Hope you get it solved.

Each time I load the 200, I get the activation window and each time I enter the serial key I get a 'successfully activated' message, only for it to load into a 'dead' aircraft.

This is something you absolutely need to go directly to the support system for. It's a good way to burn through your activations due to a misconfiguration on your computer.

Open up your Windows Services and look for FlexNET. Make sure it is set to manually start.

Kyle Rodgers

I have had a reply from PMDG, but their solutions haven't worked so far.

One thing they didn't mention was the FlexNET, I have checked and it is set to manual.

Jack Cannon

I have re-installed P3d 3.3.5, installed the simconnect installers and then installed the 777, It still loads to a dead aircraft after 'successfully activated' message :-/

Jack Cannon

I have re-installed P3d 3.3.5, installed the simconnect installers and then installed the 777, It still loads to a dead aircraft after 'successfully activated' message :-/

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, so its been fixed. 

Keep your serial numbers clearly marked if you're like me and keep them in a notepad file.

Was entering the FSX serial rather than the p3d one.

Jack Cannon

Keep your serial numbers clearly marked if you're like me and keep them in a notepad file.

Why not  just go  to your  account  all  your info  is  there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Because I have around 45 different addons, its more convenient to keep the keys in one place than having to log into 25 different websites to recover the info.

Jack Cannon