Sign in to follow this  
mita_757

RXP GTN750/650

One of the toughest parts is making it work in the many versions of flight simulator and OSs that we all use.

Just look at Flight1.. everytime P3D or FSX-SE or XPlane comes up with a version change, they get to retest their code to make sure it works, and adapt it as required.

At least FSX-MS is frozen, but even there, users are moving to Windows 10 etc

You are right Bert. F1 has been more than timely with the many and numerous changes that have came along between versions where as the aforementioned dev has left people hanging for years with no support or communication. Caveat Emptor

I was about to buy but not if it only runs in the 32Bit XP. Who uses that?????

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Aww crap - I missed the fine text when I bought...  looks like XP editions only work in 32 bit.

That's most unfortunate.  Who even uses 32bit XP anymore?  It's out of memory central!

Disappointing indeed.

We're a forgiving lot - the dev walks away years ago without so much as a word, abandoning their customers, leaving dedicated people like Bert to help their customers. Now, people are "excited"?. I'd be treading very carefully, and not be so quick in forgiving Reality XP.

• Upvote 5

David Porrett

Now, people are "excited"?. I'd be treading very carefully, and not be so quick in forgiving Reality XP.

Yes excited..because they did not neuter the gauge by removing all the APIs to the hardware... SO I am still on RealityXP side over the Flight 1

As far as the 32Bit part is concerned...its the limit of the Garmin demo GPS (Garmin goes 64bit, its not gonna happen) .... but they ought to make it in bold or give refunds

I need to quality my statement: I like Flight 1 on their store front (the reinstall process etc) is very seemless.. and they are my prefered vendor for all addons.     I am biased against Flight 1 just for this non linking to h/w.  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Quite frankly, I'm on both sides.  Bringing back the RXP to P3D is great! (plus they have a  G600 in the pipeline!) I own the Flight1 GTN as well - fantastic product with fantastic support.

I don't know the circumstances that led RXP to abandon its customers - neither does anyone else!  Dreamfleet products are still on their home page...  they've been gone for eons.  

Carenado used copied files in their infancy - guess users forgave them....  

Vote with your wallet is all I can say!

p.s.  Jim Rhoads in the XP10 forum!  That's a good thing :)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Been using their GNS430 / 530 with ELITE, including the GNS 530 hardware unit which can also drive the XP GNS 430 and 530, as well as the FSX and P3D GPS units ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

We're a forgiving lot - the dev walks away years ago without so much as a word, abandoning their customers, leaving dedicated people like Bert to help their customers. Now, people are "excited"?. I'd be treading very carefully, and not be so quick in forgiving Reality XP.

I could not agree more.

They literally abandoned their products, and above all, their customers for years. They did not even bother to reply to emails. Not one single information about the reason, not one single warning on their site about the fact their products were not compatible with FSX Steam. As a mere coincidence, only days after Flight1 announced their 430/530 suite, they show up again with this announcement. Coming soon? When exactly?

I do not want to disqualify RXP in any way. However, since differences between both products are in fact expected to be minimal and the price is the same, there is absolutely no reason at the moment why I should not opt for Flight1. At least, they do care about their customers.

• Upvote 3

I do not want to disqualify RXP in any way. However, since differences between both products are in fact expected to be minimal and the price is the same, there is absolutely no reason at the moment why I should not opt for Flight1.

Simple... IF you want to operate it using any hardware like Go flight or other GPS hardware (GNS530 is buttons and knobs  all over the place).., Realityxp is it for now. Unless you want to shell out $1000

My cockpit running P3D looks bare without it. ITs been waiting for a RealityXP. and I am excited its coming.. 

8188238005_4106aa5d09_c.jpg

Manny

I do not want to disqualify RXP in any way. However, since differences between both products are in fact expected to be minimal and the price is the same, there is absolutely no reason at the moment why I should not opt for Flight1. At least, they do care about their customers.

I seen just for info on the sales page;

"Product Note: The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs. Crossfill/TCAD features will be available as a plug-in (for an additional cost) in the future. "

Is a Garmin trainer required?

Which cycle database and is it up-datable?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Simple... IF you want to operate it using any hardware like Go flight or other GPS hardware (GNS530 is buttons and knobs  all over the place).., Realityxp is it for now. Unless you want to shell out $1000

I don't use such hardware. Therefore, from my view this detail is completely irrelevant. On the other side, customer support makes all the difference to me.

As said, I am not the kind of guy who likes bashing at others' products. I would have bought myself RXP gauges long ago, if only they did bother to make them compatible with FSX Steam or, at least, to announce they were working on it. I am not questioning their quality. I just do not consider serious someone who vanishes without notice for years and then magically reappears only days after a competitor has announced an identical product.

Maybe they have their good reasons. I am always open to change my mind, but honestly they need much stronger arguments than fanfare and a vague announcement to convince me of the contrary.

• Upvote 1

I need to quality my statement: I like Flight 1 on their store front (the reinstall process etc) is very seemless.. and they are my prefered vendor for all addons.     I am biased against Flight 1 just for this non linking to h/w.  

Well I must say you seem to be a bit over zealous with your tar and feathers before we even made a statement. You assumed. Basic hardware support will be applied as an update very soon. We needed to get the product out and we figured it would be a nice touch as a free update but if you have your mind made up before allowing us to do what we always do --- support our products properly and throw in a few things along the way.  I find it a bit offensive actually. We have some of the best support available in this genre and assuming we are the worst before knowing the facts is one of the reasons you don't see me much in entertainment these days.  So if your choice is to go with a vendor that abandoned ship years ago with no support or communication of any kind to his customers. Have at it.

• Upvote 2

Basic hardware support will be applied as an update very soon. We needed to get the product out and we figured it would be a nice touch as a free update but if you have your mind made up before allowing us to do what we always do

Well Then I apologize..Mea Culpa!   I was under the impression that you were not going to provide for keys/h/w support for some reason and was very disappointed.

Manny

Well Then I apologize..Mea Culpa!   I was under the impression that you were not going to provide for keys/h/w support for some reason and was very disappointed.

Manny. Please give us the courtesy to define what and what we will do. Please don't assume.  You can always ask. Would you like to help test this?

Best Regards