Sign in to follow this  
mita_757

RXP GTN750/650

Well I must say you seem to be a bit over zealous with your tar and feathers before we even made a statement. You assumed. Basic hardware support will be applied as an update very soon. We needed to get the product out and we figured it would be a nice touch as a free update but if you have your mind made up before allowing us to do what we always do --- support our products properly and throw in a few things along the way.  I find it a bit offensive actually. We have some of the best support available in this genre and assuming we are the worst before knowing the facts is one of the reasons you don't see me much in entertainment these days.  So if your choice is to go with a vendor that abandoned ship years ago with no support or communication of any kind to his customers. Have at it.

Excellent news Jim! I also have an Emuteq 530 and was about to jump over to the RealityXP side because of the lack of hardware support so far. Let me know if you need any other Beta testers for it and I would be happy to help!

Yes, I too have an Emuteq, so that's great news

David Porrett

Manny. Please give us the courtesy to define what and what we will do. Please don't assume.  You can always ask. Would you like to help test this?

Best Regards

Now,  I am feeling real bad. :)

Sure.  I can help test.  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The website says the 64 bit "is in progress," so I guess there is hope. I've never run the 32 bit version of XP.

I ran it riiiiight when I bought XP maybe 3 years ago?  My first payware addon, the Carenado A36 with Aspen AFD1000 - made my sim crash to desktop lol - and I thought I was finished with CTD's!

They patched it pretty quick actually, then all the addons pretty much went 64 bit.  I think it was a SASL crash.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was talking with Jean Luc yesterday about Support Forums and have promised to get the RXP Official Support Forum set up at Avsim, if all goes well that should be up this week.

Looking forward to working with him again , the first time we worked together was on the Dream Fleet Dakota , since then putting 3D Nav units into an addon's  VC has become an industry standard .

Best CJ

I beta tested with DF during the Dakota hehe - feels like forever ago. Definitely some of the best planes for their time.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I could not agree more.

They literally abandoned their products, and above all, their customers for years. They did not even bother to reply to emails. Not one single information about the reason, not one single warning on their site about the fact their products were not compatible with FSX Steam. As a mere coincidence, only days after Flight1 announced their 430/530 suite, they show up again with this announcement.

Finally a couple of people around here (or more) get it and are talking sense. I've been posting elsewhere the same thing and how disgusting it all is.

Sorry but people who buy from them now, after they irresponsibly abandoned their customers years ago and ignored all the the pleas for any explanation, would deserve to be called idiots. Has nothing to do with being forgiving either...there was never an apology anyway...not so much as a word, for or to the community they screwed over.

...oh and if AVSIM actually agrees to host their forum site here I won't ever come back for that matter. How absolutely disgusting. No morals anywhere anymore.

Bye

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

For the record the " Abandonment " of which you complain of by RXP was a legal and contractual obligation that was a result of developing these systems for commercial use , the advances that were developed during the course of the obligations are being worked into the domestic versions and that the developer is demonstrating the type of client service missing is perhaps reason to moderate such commentary .

Best CJ

I was talking with Jean Luc yesterday about Support Forums and have promised to get the RXP Official Support Forum set up at Avsim, if all goes well that should be up this week.

Great news.

New product RXP GTN750/650 for Xplane and a great open forum for all forum members and the developer to discuss the product and support for those who have purchased the product.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

A little confusing Chuck. Are you saying RXP legally had to quit supporting users to fulfill a contract? They probably could have ceased sales too, but that's not my business.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Its my understanding that " silence " was required , as Jean Luc is in the best position to explain himself I shall leave him to detail the topic once there is a place to host the explanation that wont get buried into a thread somewhere .

Best CJ  

For the record the " Abandonment " of which you complain of by RXP was a legal and contractual obligation that was a result of developing these systems for commercial use , the advances that were developed during the course of the obligations are being worked into the domestic versions and that the developer is demonstrating the type of client service missing is perhaps reason to moderate such commentary .

Best CJ

Hi Chuck,

....what you have just said is that they accepted a commercial contract which forbid them to work on their previous FSX products. But such contracts do not stop RXP nor relieve it from their moral obligation to their paying customers by at least explaining that they were leaving and would not be able to offer any support for their products that will remain on sale. A support warning/alert of sorts posted on either a front page of their site or store page was the responsible thing to do at the time. it didn't need to offer alot of detail or break an NDA obviously. The fact that they left to work on something more lucritive did not stop them from being able to do the responsible and professional thing by their paying customers, afterall. ...and I'm sorry but if someone's going to try now and come up with some excuse why they couldn't do the above years ago...well lets just say the smart money won't be buying into that one.

Then you go on to mention that they are coming back because they have some new tricks/technology they learned about these past few years and want to profit from, back here in the gaming market, and you say "they have demonstrated the type of client service that's been missing"...how so? when did this happen??

I'm sorry but not even an apology was issued by them...and to do it now with dollar signs in their eyes...well you know.

There's just no excuse for this, especially in this day/age where no one is doing the right thing anymore...and this is why...no one seems to mind or care.

• Upvote 4

Right now I'm not seeing much reason to moderate comments about how RXP is marketing this new set of products for X-Plane.

There is just one mention of the fact that it's 32-bit only in the fine print, further down the page from the main splash header on that sales page (linked at the top of this thread). To me, that's borderline deceptive advertising. The vast majority of the current X-Plane user base now assumes that add-ons support the 64-bit version of the sim. You have to hunt to find the information that this is essentially a product for a legacy version of the sim, that almost nobody flies any more.

Bottom line: the words "32-bit" should be added to the product description in a much more prominent way, right at the top of that splash header. I can't respect a company that hides essential information in the fine print of an advertisement.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor