Sign in to follow this  
mita_757

RXP GTN750/650

Its my understanding that " silence " was required , as Jean Luc is in the best position to explain himself I shall leave him to detail the topic once there is a place to host the explanation that wont get buried into a thread somewhere .

Best CJ  

Thanks for the additional feedback.

No additional comment ,IMO, should be required from AVSIM.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You have to consider though, that they had their GNS in XP9 and 10 right when XP10 came out. Perhaps they didn't do a lot of research into the whole 32bit / 64bit thing. 64 bit XP10 was uncommon then - now it's mainstream.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Chuck,

....what you have just said is that they accepted a commercial contract which forbid them to work on their previous FSX products. But such contracts do not stop RXP nor relieve it from their moral obligation to their paying customers by at least explaining that they were leaving and would not be able to offer any support for their products that will remain on sale. A support warning/alert of sorts posted on either a front page of their site or store page was the responsible thing to do at the time. it didn't need to offer alot of detail or break an NDA obviously. The fact that they left to work on something more lucritive did not stop them from being able to do the responsible and professional thing by their paying customers, afterall. ...and I'm sorry but if someone's going to try now and come up with some excuse why they couldn't do the above years ago...well lets just say the smart money won't be buying into that one.

Then you go on to mention that they are coming back because they have some new tricks/technology they learned about these past few years and want to profit from, back here in the gaming market, and you say "they have demonstrated the type of client service that's been missing"...how so? when did this happen??

I'm sorry but not even an apology was issued by them...and to do it now with dollar signs in their eyes...well you know.

There's just no excuse for this, especially in this day/age where no one is doing the right thing anymore...and this is why...no one seems to mind or care.

Simply 100% my thought.

I saw and see serious and respectable software houses being bashed at here every day for minor issues and minor complaints. To be welcomed into the community after you have literally abondoned your paying customers for years without any notice is a privilege that not everyone gets to partake in this world. Good for them.

• Upvote 2

You have to consider though, that they had their GNS in XP9 and 10 right when XP10 came out. Perhaps they didn't do a lot of research into the whole 32bit / 64bit thing. 64 bit XP10 was uncommon then - now it's mainstream.

That's true, I don't recall many hints from Laminar that X-Plane 10 would move to 64-bits when it was first released as a 32-bit version. Then it appeared halfway through the product cycle, That was a happy surprise, and a bit unusual. I think most software developers would have called that a new paid version, and it took some developers by surprise. They either adjusted (almost all of them) and updated their plugins, or they fell by the wayside like RXP.

After all this time though, it's not understandable or excusable (to me, anyway) to now introduce an exciting new product that many X-Plane owners would be interested in, and then bury the information that it only works in 32-bit mode.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I agree, it's odd.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Have you had a chance to test it with Xplane in 32 bit mode?

Maybe pilots who purchase now will get a free RXP 64 bit update later??

Best Regards,

Sorry but people who buy from them now, after they irresponsibly abandoned their customers years ago and ignored all the the pleas for any explanation, would deserve to be called idiots. Has nothing to do with being forgiving either...there was never an apology anyway...not so much as a word, for or to the community they screwed over.

Dave, with respect... those who disagree with you don't deserve to be branded "idiots".  As it happens, RXP's GNS430 and GNS530 are products that I rate as some of my best purchases in simming.  I use them across many aircraft and the money I spent for them has been amortized over so much time and over so many aircraft that the value is hard to overstate.  And over all that time, the products have simply worked.  This vendor has in NO WAY caused me to be "screwed over", and my simming experiences over the years would have been measurably poorer were it not for RXP.

That said, when asked for recommendations I've always been upfront with users about the support situation and HIGHLY qualified any recommendation I gave.  Going into a situation with eyes wide open is always advised, and the situation with RXP and support is certainly relevant to the discussion.  But name calling?  And it's REALLY confusing to see that Avsim stepping in and helping to make RXP support work again would so disgust you that you'd leave.

Buyer beware?  Absolutely and quite fair to raise that flag.  The rest?  Not so much.

Scott

• Upvote 3

Dave, with respect... those who disagree with you don't deserve to be branded "idiots". As it happens, RXP's GNS430 and GNS530 are products that I rate as some of my best purchases in simming. I use them across many aircraft and the money I spent for them has been amortized over so much time and over so many aircraft that the value is hard to overstate. And over all that time, the products have simply worked. This vendor has in NO WAY caused me to be "screwed over", and my simming experiences over the years would have been measurably poorer were it not for RXP.

I agree.

And new RXP purchases with the F1 wrapper should come with a 30 day money back policy.

Best Regards,

Dave, with respect... those who disagree with you don't deserve to be branded "idiots". As it happens, RXP's GNS430 and GNS530 are products that I rate as some of my best purchases in simming. I use them across many aircraft and the money I spent for them has been amortized over so much time and over so many aircraft that the value is hard to overstate. And over all that time, the products have simply worked. This vendor has in NO WAY caused me to be "screwed over", and my simming experiences over the years would have been measurably poorer were it not for RXP.

Agree, BUT...

The only reason I still fly FSX is I love using the RXP GNS430W.  I have an airplane configured EXACTLY like my RW Archer and the practice is invaluable.  I've gotten my moneys worth from the RXP GNS. 

​Here's the BUT, I also sprung for the FLT & FLN gauges, which were FABULOUS, before they stopped working at all in WIN 8 & above.  That was $$ down the drain with no support and no help at all.  I realize I could still be using them in WIN 7, but then I could still be using a slide rule also...

I'm willing to wait and see how RXP returns to the market before totally writing them off.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Here's the BUT, I also sprung for the FLT & FLN gauges, which were FABULOUS, before they stopped working at all in WIN 8 & above. That was $$ down the drain with no support and no help at all. I realize I could still be using them in WIN 7, but then I could still be using a slide rule also...

I stayed with Win7-64 after seeing all the problems with Win8, 10, and 10 Anniversary (many developers/addons).

For me, not one penny down the drain with RXP products purchased.

All my addons including RXP are still ok here.

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ryan,

Have you had a chance to test it with Xplane in 32 bit mode?

Maybe pilots who purchase now will get a free RXP 64 bit update later??

No I'm not going to use 32 bit...

I would assume if they develop a 64 bit the upgrade would be free.  It's sort of why I'm hanging onto my purchase for now.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Scott hiya - I'm not saying whoever disagrees with me is an idiot.

It has nothing to do with whether someone disagrees with me or not...it has everything to do with whether or not you forgive their actions (RXP). Just because their irresponsible and almost crook-like behavior did not effect you personally (as it did not personally effect me either) does not mean that they deserve your respect, or mine.

What I stated is MY opinion about those who will simply ignore what's been brought to their attention here because it suits them or scratches an itch and ignore whether it's really the correct thing to do or not, and regardless of who got hurt in the past from the behavior of RXP.

They (RXP) do not deserve respect from the buying public at this point because they treated their previous customers in a very disrespectful way. This has nothing to do with how you feel about their products.

....I have absolutely nothing more to say about this.

No I'm not going to use 32 bit...

I would assume if they develop a 64 bit the upgrade would be free.  It's sort of why I'm hanging onto my purchase for now.

Ryan,

Thanks for the follow up.

Maybe someone using RXP in Xplane 32 bit will do a review and post it here on Avsim.

Best Regards,

Whoa - lots of tail feathers ruffled! Each to their own, I can understand why some people may have strong feelings about this. I myself don't have such strong feelings - my RXP unit served me well for a long, long time, and still works fine in the version of the sim I bought it for.  It's one of the few FSX purchases I've made where it stayed as relevant from day one until now, and I've never needed support for it. Considering I spent years using it on an unsupported, abandoned platform... :wink:

Personally, I think that once they have 64bit versions working, that this is going to be a nice development for the X-Plane platform. I know that I'll be eager to look at a GTN 750. It'll be also quite interesting to look at the G500/600 that they have teased in the screenshots as well.

It's interesting that the blurred out G500/600 that they've teased is shown as being installed in an aircraft... but perhaps that's a FSX or P3D pic being used. I have no idea personally, but is it even possible to 'place' a plugin gauge like this in X-Plane into a VC like you can in FSX?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ryan,

Thanks for the follow up.

Maybe someone using RXP in Xplane 32 bit will do a review and post it here on Avsim.

It won't be easy to review, at least in the context most of us would use it. Most, if not all, of the better X-Plane models use plugins that are now 64-bit and require that version of X-Plane. 

So you'd have to find an earlier version of a plane with older 32-bit plugins, like some of the early Carenado stuff. Or just fly a more basic plane model that doesn't use any plugins at all, like the basic, default X-Plane models. It would be a way to test the product, but not in a way that most of us would ever use it.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor