Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Orbx FTX England - chimney smoke vanishes and reappears?

Where are you seeing this? I don't have such an issue, but it doesn't entirely surprise me - there are a few people who occasionally report such things. There are a lot of variables such as the AI you have, the lights they use, your aircraft and what lights it uses, what airports you have etc.

The problem is that the Dx10 effects engine is very buggy and when it sorts and optimises effects within a scene carries over properties of the firsteffect to others.

Does it go away if you turn you aircraft landing lights on? or if you switch to a stock aircraft? Did you tick both effects options when installing the fixer libraries? Does it occur only in VC view?

It may not be Orbx.....

I don't have Orbx FTX, but I've noticed chimney smoke disappearing from factories in the default USA... I noticed this when flying around the Cincinnati area. Not sure if the factories themselves are autogen, but I can only recall installing a freeware Cincinnati airport update. The factory wasn't that close to the airport to have been included... I never gave it  second thought until now.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)