Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Reality XP Alive and Well?!

http://www.reality-xp.com/#slider

Look at this! GTN for XP , G600/500 , GNS430/530 back for P3D etc

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

OMG !

Last but not least, we are also releasing an update to our Award Winning Reality XP GNS 430W/530W
updated first for XPlane, next for Prepar3D and Flight Simulator with some goodies...

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

It seems like a hoax? Why would they do GTN for P3D too with the F1 version

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And the recently released Flight1 GNS 530/430? What are the differences between these and the upcoming Reality XP upgrade? And indeed, what are the differences between the Flight1 and Reality XP GTN units, as they are all based on the Garmin trainers?

I feel I might have purchased the GTN/GNS units to soon. Reality XP could be better :rolleyes: :blink: If not so, maybe cheaper.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Always good to have competition.. good vendor support is key too  :hi:

Bert

I don't think it is a hoax as I was hearing that they would be coming back into the market soon. Also it says the GTN 750/650 is available exclusively for X-Plane and I know it is a big gap right now for that sim. The updated 430/530 for P3D will be great also as the new F1 version doesn't support keyboard or hardware input for those of us who are building cockpits. I agree its great to have all the competition!

I purchased the GTN for XP10 - even though it will only be a popup for now.  Head over to those forums if you want info.

One interesting tidbit - it requires the newer GTN/GDU 620 trainer.  But the installer also says you can use the older 5.001 trainer which I have for P3D from F1.  So I'm going to keep the old trainer and see if the XP10 install works...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Imo they are setting them self up for failure if not providing updatable navdata... What's their edge on F1s product or even the default xp unit, if they rely on old navdata...? Rather disappointing if you ask me.

But basically I love the competition and I welcome the effort.

Good luck to them!

The differences between their original GNS and the new F1 GNS are seen on the F1 GNS release thread.  Might want to read through that.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Be interesting to see what happens.  Competition is good, no doubt.  

However, looking at the RXP "unofficial" forum on Flight 1's forums it looks like Jean-Luc's last post was some years ago - makes me hesitant about support . . .

Joe Lorenc

Imo they are setting them self up for failure if not providing updatable navdata... What's their edge on F1s product or even the default xp unit, if they rely on old navdata...? Rather disappointing if you ask me.

Not necessarily so.  They'll be updateable in exactly the same way that the F1 products are, and the RXP 430/530 have long held advantages over the F1 Garmin-based products due to the ability to drive external displays like G500s, and the support for crossfill.

For those of us who've flown with RXP's 430 and 530 for years in FSX, the upgrade to P3D will be a HUGE treat.  I was thinking about buying the F1 430/530 and finally moving to P3D, but this has me re-thinking that strategy.  I'd FAR rather just having the RXP stuff work in P3D.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if RXP follow through with this it will put a huge dent in F1's new GNS products.

We shall see, as RXP has been MIA for a LONG time, but I'm cautiously very excited.

Scott 

Not necessarily so.  They'll be updateable in exactly the same way that the F1 products are, and the RXP 430/530 have long held advantages over the F1 Garmin-based products due to the ability to drive external displays like G500s, and the support for crossfill.

For those of us who've flown with RXP's 430 and 530 for years in FSX, the upgrade to P3D will be a HUGE treat.  I was thinking about buying the F1 430/530 and finally moving to P3D, but this has me re-thinking that strategy.  I'd FAR rather just having the RXP stuff work in P3D.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if RXP follow through with this it will put a huge dent in F1's new GNS products.

We shall see, as RXP has been MIA for a LONG time, but I'm cautiously very excited.

Scott

All valid and good points Scott - I was not aware of the possibility to update the navdata. That's a huge game changer in my book, and it changes my view on this product.

Thank you enlightening me;)

And we paid for that. I wonder if Reality XP will offer an upgrade price to users who already own the Reality XP GNS 530, 430 and WAAS Unlimited. That cost me $199.85 and I would never pay full price again for Prepar3D versions. The Flight1 GNS 530 and 430 are $129.90 together, but without crossfill and hardware support. I would surely hope Reality XP will offer their upgrades to Prepar3D at a reasonable price for owners of their software.for FSX.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

All valid and good points Scott - I was not aware of the possibility to update the navdata. That's a huge game changer in my book, and it changes my view on this product.

Hi Martin.  FYI, like F1's products, the underlying GPS in the FSX RXP's is the actual Garmin trainer.  Neither can use things like Navigraph, but there are updates which come available for the Garmin trainer databases, and any updates valid for one are valid for both.  It's not as ideal as Navigraph support, but nevertheless I've been able to keep my RXP's quite close to current.

And we paid for that. I wonder if Reality XP will offer an upgrade price to users who already own the Reality XP GNS 530, 430 and WAAS Unlimited. That cost me $199.85 and I would never pay full price again for Prepar3D versions. The Flight1 GNS 530 and 430 are $129.90 together, but without crossfill and hardware support. I would surely hope Reality XP will offer their upgrades to Prepar3D at a reasonable price for owners of their software.for FSX.

Agreed, Bert.  Certainly hoping that we're offered a deal.  The way the announcement is worded, I'm optimistic that this will be the case.

Scott

I can't share your excitement. The last time he disappeared all of a sudden and left his customers high and dry. What if he disappears again? You will be able to use your RXP P3D products exactly until the next P3D (or FSX:SE) update and then it's over because the software isn't compatible anmyore and requires an update from the developer!

I would not want to take that risk.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080